We All Have Bad Days So Let's Apologize On Our Good Days

It's really important to tell people that we are sorry.

28
https://www.pexels.com/photo/sticky-note-with-apology-2022077/

Every single one of us experiences negative emotions. Oftentimes, these negative emotions lead to irrational actions that may feel justifiable at the time but end up causing regret in the future. It's nothing to feel terrible about because we all have bad days. Bad days are inevitable and normal. They are a part of life. If bad days were inexistent, then we would not know when we were having a good day.

Here's the thing though: after we normalize and accept the reality of having bad days, it is absolutely crucial that we apologize for what we may have said or done on those bad days. It is quite easy to acknowledge that we had a bad day either while it is unfolding during the present moment or after days and deep breaths later. Alternatively, it is way more difficult to acknowledge our regrets, guilty feelings, and apologize to those who were on the receiving end of our bad day.

When something is difficult, that gives us all the more reason to conquer it. Why is it that when things get hard, we want to avoid them? In the case of bad days, it is imperative that we do not avoid the apology part. This piece assists in the healing process, accepting what was said and done, and then moving forward as we learn from the situation.

Heartfelt apologies are an artform. They do not necessarily have to be elaborate, yet they must be authentic. Depending on the context of the situation, who was involved, and who you are as an individual, the craft of the apology will vary.

Making the effort to apologize on our bad days is courageous. Having the ability to acknowledge that you were in the wrong or that you hurt somebody is not easy, but very worthwhile. It is important that we realize how our actions affect others. This can inflict more negativity into the world whether that was our intention or not. Regardless, the apology is still necessary and important as it provides an opportunity to clear things up.

Finally, remember to apologize to yourself as well. You deserve acceptance and clarifications just as much as anyone in the world. Learning to love and acknowledge who you are and learn from the actions and choices you have taken are two incredible ways to encourage self-growth and conjure a more positive lifestyle.

Bad days are a part of being human. Apologies are what make us human.