Let The Graduation Countdown Begin

Let The Graduation Countdown Begin

Or not, we could just pretend we are Freshmen all over again.

164
Let The Graduation Countdown Begin

Every college senior is having the same exact thought as I am right now, which is: holy crap, I graduate in four months. Which means two major things: time is about to fly by and the real world is right around the corner. It's not like we didn't know it was coming, we did, but dang did it sneak up on us and I for one, am not sure if I can accept it. In the next few short months, a lot will happen and it's going to happen in the blink of an eye, so buckle up and get ready for one last wild ride. Let the countdown begin!

10. Last classes

Unless you're one of those maniacs (said with the utmost respect) that will be getting a graduates degree, the classes you take this semester will be your last. Forever. Last syllabi, midterms, papers, homework, finals. So maybe, just maybe, we can make it through them with ease.

9. Last time you can party your nights away

CASE of the Mondays, Tuesday ladies night, wine Wednesdays, thirsty Thursdays, then the weekend with no label necessary, including the traditional Sunday Funday. Did I leave anything out? Basically, this semester is the last time you can get away with consistent late nights and even later starts to your days without getting fired.

8. Last nights out at your favorite bars

Chances are, once you get that diploma, you'll be hitting the road and not looking back. So your next few months and a good chunk of your paychecks are sure to be spent at the places that have housed some of your favorite college memories to date.

7. Last college snow days

Sure snow doesn't stop when college does, but we all know that our best snow days have happened in the last four years. Sledding on whatever your friends have laying around, shoveling your car out with anything that resembles a shovel, and snow kegs.

6. Last spring break

One of the rudest realizations we will have to make is that the end of college means the ends of random breaks from life a few times a year. So make the best of it. Make this last break one for the books.

5. First time having to really consider our future

Growing up, it was where we wanted to go to college, in high school it was what we would study when we got to college, throughout college it was what we were going to do with the degree we were working so hard for, but no worries we had time to think about it. But now, the time has come, we can't just put it off-some major life decisions have to be made.

4. First time job hunting

These are the big leagues. We have to create our resume, research jobs in our career, decide where we want to work and live, buy an outfit that will impress, and finally show up and stick the proverbial landing right into our first adult job.

3. First time seeing ourselves in our college cap and gown

We've worn the get up once, but I've got a feeling that it's going to feel so much sweeter the second time around. We'll get it ahead of time put it on just to see how it feels, maybe take a few pictures to remember such an exciting time in our life, but really all that it will do is make it all too real. Having the outfit solidifies it all- we have finally done it, we're graduating, ready or not.

2. First time that saying goodbye will be real

The saddest part of all this will be the friends we inevitably have to leave. In high school, we knew that we could still see our friends back home on breaks but now we've collected a tight-knit group of friends that will each be heading in their own directing career wise and physically so the next time you see them may be unknown. And as terrifying as that sounds, the best part about these friendships is that they are built to last a lifetime so the "next time" will end up being sooner that you expect and more special than ever before.

1. Graduation Day

Finally. The day we have all worked towards for as long as we can remember. Caps off to you all. Remember how you feel as you walk across that stage, that pride will need to get us through our job search and the start to the next chapter of life.

Oh, and don't forget to smile for the family faux diploma in hand, they will be just as proud as you are of yourself, if not more. Congrats Class of 2017!