20 things not known

20 Things I, A Newly Minted 20-Year-Old Girl, Somehow Still Has No Clue About

I might never understand too

1099

I've seen a lot of birthday posting where they list things that they have learned or things that they still want to do.

I just turned 20 and there are so many things that I don't understand or I don't know how to do, so I decided I'm going to focus on those instead.

1. Taxes

Fortunately for me, a close family friend is an accountant. He has kindly done all my taxes for me, so I seriously have no clue how taxes work, let alone how to file them. Do you file them?

2. Ms. vs Mrs. vs Miss

I know the meaning and difference between all of them, but no matter how many times times people try to show me I don’t hear the difference (epecially Ms. and Mrs.).

3. How to study

No matter how hard I try, I always end up having to cram for any test or exam.

4. Monograms

I don't get why somebody was like, "hey you know initials? We should switch their order and put them on everything in barely legible cursive."

5. Stairs

I somehow still don't know how to use stairs without falling.

6. Obsession with bacon

It's good, but I don't think there needs to be things like bacon flavored soda, tooth paste, gum, and candy canes. It doesn't need to be on every t-shirt, socks and phone case.

7. Cooking/Grocery Shopping

I just finished my second year at college. I was on a meal plan when I was a freshman, so last year was my first year having to buy my own grocery's and cook meals for myself. I don't understand how you are supposed to buy and cook meals for one person.

8. Lightbulbs

Why is the go to insult to any group of people that they can't change a lightbulb? I understand that it is really easy to change a lightbulb, but the joke is overdone. Let's go back to the insults that people used before there were lightbulbs.

9. Washing my face

Whenever I wash my face in the sink the water gets everywhere. It's so annoying to the point where I sometimes don't wash my face because of it. I genuinely don't understand how there are some people that can wash there face without making a mess.

10. Pronunciation of Kansas and Arkansas

The ending of Arkansas IS Kansas, so why aren’t they pronounced the same?

11. Orange rhyming with door hinge

It doesn't rhyme. I don't get how people think it does, and to make it sound similar you have to alter how you regularly say orange.

Also, why does every movie or tv show that features a somebody struggling to write a song have them trying to rhyme something with orange?

12. Laundry

It doesn't make sense to me how I'm expected to separate my laundry when it's only clothes from one person.

13. okay and ok are both OK

If we can use three different iterations of the word okay, why can't we spell a lot without a space.

14. Confrontation

I don't know what it is about confrontation, but I can't do it. Especially when I need to confront an authority figure. I turn into a bucket of tears, and don't even end up saying what I meant to say.

15. Serial Daters

I can't even find one person to date. I can't comprehend how somebody can leave a relationship and automatically have somebody else.

16. Keeping a shirt white

No matter how hard I try my white shirts will never stay white.

17. Birds and the bees

Why do people use birds and bees as a metaphor to explain sex to kids? Just think about it.

18. Hamburgers aren't ham

Hamburgers aren't made of ham, but turkey burgers are made of turkey.

19. Misspelling my name

About twice a month I misspell my name on assignments.

20. Whats going on

I don’t consider myself an airhead, but sometimes I just have no clue what is going on around me.