10 Terrifyingly Useful Lessons That Horror Films Taught Us

It seems we can learn something from these goofy, gory fun movies.

608

Scary movies are fun to watch with friends or alone if you are brave enough. Netflix will have plenty of classic and modern ones. The special effects, interesting plot (occasionally), monster or stalker and often incompetent characters make for an exciting or disappointing experience. However, there are some life lessons these films can teach us. Here are pieces of advice to take from horror movies.

1. Do not abandon your group

As a team, you are more likely to succeed. That is why it is important to cooperate and strategize with each other. By doing this, you can overcome any challenge. Handling a situation alone is more dangerous and risky, but as a group there is a higher chance you will make it through.

2. Avoid hitchhikers

Never stop your car to pick up a stranger. They could be a criminal or psychopath. Always be mindful of your surroundings. If traveling with friends, just keep driving to your destination, and make sure you have a full tank of gas.

3. TakingĀ  a shortcut is a terrible idea

If you decide to take a shortcut, you might become lost or worse. You are better off taking the long road to where you are going. Perhaps listening to music will calm your mind. Remember that safety is a top priority.

4. Before buying a house, read about its history

Moving into a new house sounds exciting, but make sure you do extensive research. If the house is low-priced, needs repair, and located in small town, you should be concerned. Houses that are haunted are often put up for sale. Any house that has a creepy vibe to it should not be purchased.

5. How to develop self-confidence

There are times when the people around us will not always be helpful. This feeling might hurt, but this should teach you to become independent and take charge of your life, when others have failed you. Teamwork is encouraged, but not for everything. By not depending on someone else all the time, it will become easier to overcoming adversities.

6. Avoid camping or vacationing at an isolated location

Going to a strange area that is abandoned, in the woods, has a shady past or a combination of them all is a big mistake. If you do travel, make sure to always stick together, gather enough supplies, and do not go outside at night. You never know what is hiding in the woods. Cabins and Gothic houses are the places to avoid.

7. The Ouija Board is not a toy

Never play with an Ouija board, even as a joke. Messing with the supernatural can have negative consequences. It is unsafe and dumb to try and summon a spirit. It is best to leave the deceased alone.

8. Some risks are not worth taking

If you feel that you are not advancing in your career or studying for a degree that does not feel right for you, then it is best to change it quickly. There is no reason to waste time or lose your mind. Working too much and separating yourself from society, can have bad consequences for your health. Exercise your mind, body, and spirit to prevent fatigue and insanity.

9. Stay away from places that has no phone signal

The city and suburban areas will likely have excellent Wi-Fi, but small towns, villages or near lakes might not. Be careful of places like these. If you do travel somewhere remote, bring friends and a charger with you. Do not separate from your group.

10. Being prepared can limit stress

Studying for an exam, reading instructions and getting friends to help for an event are ways to lower stress levels. When travelling anywhere, be sure to bring enough food, along with a flashlight, camera, phone with a charger, and other necessary supplies. Remain cautious and take it slow. This way in extreme situations, you will know what to do.