My younger sister and I are nine years apart, but that has never stopped us from being a dynamic duo of sorts. The gap in age has also never stopped the 10-year-old ball of spunk and sarcasm from teaching her older sister a few lessons throughout the course of our lives as sisters, and best friends.
1. Stop and smell the flowers.
Clichés are okay if it means taking time to appreciate the world and people around you more.
2. Strutt your stuff no matter who's watching.
Hold your head high, walk with a purpose: become a beacon of confidence.
3. Snapchat filters can create models...
... but you're only as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside.
4. Lead a happy life, but know it's okay to be sad sometimes.
Life is filled with so many colors, and that includes the blacks and whites.
5. Your world is only as great as you let it be.
Soft-serve, hand-dipped, froyo? Ice cream never fails to make life better.
6. Rule the world you live in.
Whether it's invisible, made of fake flowers, or one of those plastic ones from a dollar store: wear your crown and be the empowered queen that you are.
7. People aren't always watching, but you shouldn't care even if they are.
Want to eat an entire tray of pizza rolls by yourself in public? Go ahead, the opinions of those around you shouldn't affect how you live your life.
8. Talk often, smile often, laugh often.
Talk with kind words, smile to brighten the day, and laugh at your own jokes.