Lessons Learned Sophomore Year

Lessons Learned Sophomore Year

Going out of my comfort zone was the best thing I could've ever done.

24
Lessons Learned Sophomore Year
Brianna Graziano

Sophomore year has been the best year of my life. From making new friends to trying new things, there's nothing I regret. Every experience I've been through has helped me learn something new and has helped me grow.

This year was a chance for me to try new things. I started writing for The Odyssey, I took classes I thought I wouldn't like and ended up loving, I branched out and talked to new people and I changed my major. Trying new things typically scares me, but I'm so glad I decided to branch out and find new passions.

Being introverted and shyer than most people, meeting new people doesn't come easy to me. However, I pushed myself to come out of my shell and am so glad I did. I've made new friends that will last a lifetime. Something that seemed so scary payed off.

At the end of April, I went to Vegas with a fraternity. Being surrounded by so many guys, most of them only being acquaintances, was way out of my comfort zone but boy am I glad I went. That weekend was one of the best in my life and it's something I'll remember forever. Those 2 nights were filled with so much fun and bonding with new friends.

Most importantly, I learned about myself. I learned what I look for in a friend, in a boyfriend, in a career, etc. There's nothing I would change because even the hardships have led me to be as happy as I am today.