15 Things You Need To Learn By The Time You're 19

It's time to grow up and face reality.
20

19 is a weird age. You're in college, still in your teens, and one year from being 20. We are still considered adults but still considered as teenagers. Despite all of this, there things 19-year-olds need to know how to do when they are 19.

1. Stop caring about what other people think about you

It's time to focus on you and stop thinking about what other people think about you. It's your life, you do what you want to do and you do it without having to worry about other people are thinking about people.

2. How to do laundry

Doing laundry is a grown-up thing to do. Plus is not that difficult. Just make sure to separate your whites from your colors or you'll end getting pink clothes (see gif above)

3. Taking care of yourself

Being a grown-up requires responsibility and taking care of yourself. You get to decide when to sleep, when to eat, how to dress, etc. Welcome to adulting.

4. Set goals for yourself

Make a list of goals you want to accomplish and get them ASAP so you balance your time well. And you can't think of any, find something to do!

5. Be open-minded

Being open-minded allows you to take in new ideas and try new things. Plus, it allows you to be less judgemental about everything and everyone.

6. Stand up for yourself

You are an adult and you know you better than anyone else. Stand up for yourself and don't let others walk all over you, thinking that they know you more than you know you.

7. Accept change

Change will happen no matter what. Good change, bad change; there will always be change in your life and you need to accept it. It may take awhile to accept, but eventually, you'll accept it.

8. Forgive

We are human and we all mess up some point to in life. Plus, life is too short to be holding grudges, so forgive the people that have hurt you and enjoy the rest of your life without holding on. Sometimes it's easier to let go than to keep holding on.

9. Learn to live in the present

Your past is where it should be: in the past. And your future is something to worry about, but not so much that it sucks the life out of you. Learn to live in the present because you're literally living in present time. You need to focus on yourself now.

10.Make your own decisions

You're an adult, and being an adult means that you can make decisions that are best for you. Do whatever you want, but make sure it doesn't affect you moving forward.

11. How to clean your room

Cleaning your room and organizing the way you want it is important. Why? Cleaning your room is the one thing that makes you responsible to handle things on your own.

12. How to be responsible

You're an adult. You need to know what to prioritize.

13. Don't expect too much

Life is best lived when unexpected things happen. So live with fewer expectations, except when it comes to choosing your friends and significant others.

14. Everything happens for a reason

Whether it's good or bad, everything happens for a reason. Shit happens, but it happens for a reason. Sometimes, you need to accept that.

15. Love yourself

You are an important person and you need to love yourself because you are perfect just the way you are. You'll never be happy yourself until you start loving yourself and accepting that you are an amazing person.

There are many more things to learn as you grow older, but here are somethings to start with!