best friends

Lessons I've Learned From My Best Friends

I wouldn't trade them for the world.

109
Samantha Webne

Growing up with the same exact people for a decade and a half, it's hard not to notice specific characteristics of each person. Specifically, each and every one of my best friends brings something special and valuable to our friend group. I have learned so much about life from these amazing people and can't thank them enough for making me who I am.

1. Anna

No matter how shitty my minute, hour, day, week, month, or year was, Anna always, always, always makes me see the good in absolutely everything. Something could be going so wrong and Anna is the one person who always sees the glass half full and reassures me that everything will be okay. She radiates a positive outlook and will forever be the sunshine of my life, and she always makes me remember that every day, is a good day to have a good day.

2. Evie

Although it may be cringy for me to say, Evie truly is my partner in crime. We are two peas in a pod, and whenever I'm struggling with anything, Evie is always there with the best advice and will drop anything and everything to help me through whatever it is, big or small. She is quite possibly the funniest and craziest girl that I know, but I wouldn't want her any other way. Some of my best memories were made with Evie and I will cherish her friendship forever. She forces me to try new things, enjoy life, and that laughter really is the best medicine.

3. Lauren

Between tennis, cheerleading, lacrosse, student council, schoolwork, school musicals, tutoring, babysitting, working, and having a social life, I don't know how Lauren did it all in high school. Her work ethic is something that I will always be envious of. While I was complaining about my stress level with one or two extracurriculars and of course, my homework, Lauren would go from one activity to the next and she never wanted to give up. She is the most determined person that I know, and I will always look up to her for how hardworking she is.

4. Mary

Mary may be my weirdest friend, but it's a good weird. She makes me laugh every single time that I'm with her, until my stomach hurts, and isn't afraid to not act her age every once in a while. I know Mary is always up for doing something fun, maybe even borderline dumb, but I always have the best time with her. She is so genuine and doesn't let anyone influence her likes and dislikes, and I think that is really hard to come across. If I could, I would give you all of the "squishy things" (your favorite) in the world, Mary.

5. Abby

Now although her attitude may be a little much sometimes, meaning her sassiness, Abby is still one of my best friends, and I put up with her antics because I love her so, so much. Sometimes, her stubbornness is a bit much, but the more I take a step back and analyze it, I respect her for being so sure of herself, and not letting anyone change her mind on what she is sure of. In a way, Abby is sometimes the "mom" of my friend group, always calling any of us out on any stupid ideas and reassuring us when she knows we are capable of doing something, but we just can't see it yet. I wish I was as sure of myself as Abby is, and although her stubbornness sometimes drives me up the wall, I love her for being so sure of herself. I think she's pretty awesome for that.

Anna, Evie, Lauren, Mary, and Abby, thank you for being the best friends in the entire world and making me who I am. I would be lost without you guys.