10 Life Lessons From Grey's Anatomy

10 Life Lessons From Grey's Anatomy

Grey's Anatomy Quotes are good for any life-situation a person is going through.

1965
10 Life Lessons From Grey's Anatomy
abc

Grey's Anatomy isn't just all about medical drama, they provide life lessons that portray to anyone. Within this show comes the struggles with drugs, alcohol, death, breakups, and so much more. It shows how people just like us deal with real life issues and how to deal with them. Shondra Rhimes is the director of this TV show, and she knows how to tug onto your emotions. Below is just some of the best quotes they have, so be sure to check out the TV show on Netflix!

1. George O'Malley. Season 2, Episode 11: "Owner of the lovely heart"

“Sometimes, no matter how much you love someone, they just can’t love you back in the same way.”

In our life we meet people who we may end up falling in love with. This can be good and bad at the same time. It’s good if they love you back, but bad if they don’t feel the same way about you.

2. Meredith Grey. Season 2, Episode 18: "Yesterday"

"Why didn’t you stay and fight for us. Why didn’t you try harder? You just left.”

People tend to give up when times get hard; they don’t see the light at the end of the dark tunnel. Giving up isn’t always the best option. If you truly care about a person, working through your problems is the best solution.

3. Izzie Stevens. Season 3, Episode 7: "Where the boys are"

“I miss him. All the time I miss him. It's not waves, it's constant. All the time. And I walk through the doors of this hospital and I want to be here, I do, but I don't know if I can be a surgeon again and I can't talk about it because it scares me too much.”

Dealing with a breakup or a loss of a loved one is always a difficult time for a person. Having a support group of friends and family can help you in the healing process. Go ahead and eat some ice cream and binge watch Netflix, keep yourself occupied so you don't think about them.

4. Lexie Grey. Season 5, Episode 6: Life During Wartime

“I take things personally. I get too emotional. There’s no place for it at work.”

Everyone has their bad days, and tend to be more sensitive than others. The way to combat this is to get thicker skin and not show people how emotional you become. Also, don’t take things personally if your boss or anyone is telling you to do something you did wrong.

5. Miranda Bailey. Season 5, Episode 24: "Now or Never"

“Well, we're all scared! I mean, if you're not scared you're not paying attention!”

It’s okay to be scared, we live in an unpredictable world. One second, life could be going great for you and the next it can feel like everything’s crumbling apart. We all have things we are scared of, overcoming those fears are sometimes easier said than done.

6. Mark Sloan. Season 9, Episode 1: "Going, Going, Gone"

“If you love someone, you tell them. Even if you’re scared that it’s not the right thing. Even if you’re scared that it’ll cause problems. Even if you’re scared that it will burn your life to the ground, you say it, and you say it loud and you go from there.”

Loving someone can be tough if they don’t even know you do. It’s better to say something to them now since we aren’t promised tomorrow. Speak up and tell the people in your life that you love them before it's too late.

7. Amelia Shepherd. Season 11, Episode 14: "The Distance"

"We lose those battles as often as we succeed. The key though, win or lose, is to never fail, and the only way to fail is not to fight. So you fight until you can't fight anymore."

Sometimes in life we only see the the things we didn't achieve in, we don't give ourselves enough credit. It's good to remember what mistakes we made but it's how you come back from those that defines you.

8. Cristina Yang. Season 10, Episode 24: "Fear (Of the Unknown)"

“I gotta go. You stay here. You are a gifted surgeon with an extraordinary mind. Don’t let what he wants eclipse what you need. He’s very dreamy, but he’s not the sun. You are.”

Don’t let anyone bring you down, follow your own dreams. Keep in mind the goals you set for yourself, never let a relationship control who you are as a person. Everyone needs to live their life for themselves and never let anyone take advantage of you.

9. Cristina Yang. Season 10, Episode 24: "Fear (Of the Unknown)"

“You are my person. You will always be my person.”

We all have that one person in our lives that means more to you than anyone else. Some people call them a best friend, lover, significant other or my person. I have a few people who are my person. This means they totally get me even when I don’t understand myself.

10. Meredith Grey. Season 11 Episode 21: "How to Save a Life"

"Derek. It's ok. You go, we'll be fine"

Sometimes the best thing you can do is let the person you love go away. It may not seem like it’s the best thing to do at first. Time will heal with every broken heart.

These are just some of the lessons I have learned over the months of binge watching Grey’s Anatomy on Netflix. The different story lines developed through the characters provide a variety of point of views. If you are looking for a tear jerker show then I highly recommend watching Grey’s. Not only do you feel that the cast is your family, but you mourn the losses with them as well. Plus, you learn more about medical cases and life in general while have a good time watching television. Season 12 Premiers on TV, September 22nd, 2016 on ABC at 8/7c.