What Happens When You Stop Wearing Makeup
Beauty Fashion

Wiping Off Your Full Face Of Makeup Will Help You Discover The True Meaning Of Self-Love

I was too preoccupied with how I presented myself to feel more attractive, so I never really focused on how to take care of myself.

64

In a society where everyone is pressured to look their best and present themselves in a faulty manner, it is difficult to see who you really are. I experimented with how I presented myself this summer, and I am so glad I did. The results of this helped me see who I am and explore my own beauty.

I was always one who felt the need to wear a heavy load of makeup. Struggling with finding my own beauty, I used to pound my face with all the makeup possible. I never saw a lot of beauty in myself. It is difficult for me to understand why I never saw my natural beauty. Makeup always made me feel pretty, and I am now changing that view.

Don't get me wrong, I love to play around with makeup occasionally. I will sometimes create a classic smokey eye look with a sharp contour and shining highlight. Makeup is truly an art and it is fun to experiment with colors and shapes. (I can't get myself away from a good glow. It is an addiction that is difficult to let go of).

When I stopped wearing such a heavy load of makeup, I began to push away a fog and discovered how to truly take care of myself. I felt as if I was too preoccupied with how I presented myself to feel more attractive, so I never really focused on how to take care of myself. I began by taking care of my skin. I was always forced to see what lay underneath the foundation, concealer, powder, highlighter, bronzer, and blush. I started following a skincare regimen. My skin began to clear up and brighten. When I stopped clogging my helpless pores with a heavy load of makeup, they did not find a need to get angry anymore and stopped forming as many breakouts. I found a true interest in face masks, especially. (I think I can consider myself an expert in face masks).

Not only did I help my skin, I began to focus on other things in my life that I needed to work on. I wasn't worried about what other people might think of me. I looked at myself in the mirror and decided what needed to be fixed based on what I thought. I began to work out and found a new hobby through this that truly makes me feel good and keeps me happy. I got my body back in shape, which gave me the satisfaction knowing I am keeping myself in good health. I also began to find happiness. I frequented the beach and stuck with a few friends that deserve to be in my life. When I stopped worrying about what others thought about me, I worked on myself only for me.

Finding a natural look is what I needed most. Yes, I will still wear a decent amount of makeup on special occasions, and I like to play around with my favorite eyeshadow palettes in my free time. However, I found that there is no need to pack on tons of makeup. It is better to focus on you and become comfortable in your own skin. Not worrying about what others think of you is the best decision to make. I found who I am and what I want in life, and I even kept my face clear after struggling with acne for many years. You can still be attractive without makeup. Take time to realize your own beauty and who you want to be only for

you.