2018 Might've Hit Me Like A Ton of Bricks But At Least I'm Ending It With These 5 Lessons

Some things out there that honestly aren't worth stressing over. If it won't have a major impact in your life within the next week, odds are it isn't important.

33

This year is finally coming to a close. Unfortunately, we tend to look back at a year and measure it by remembering all of the bad things that have happened. While this is sort of inevitable, let's try to find the silver linings. For all the bad that has happened, some good has to have resulted from it. Here are a few of the things I learned throughout my journey this year.

1. Don't sweat the small stuff

It's cliche, but truer than ever. Some things out there that honestly aren't worth stressing over. If it won't have a major impact in your life within the next week, odds are it isn't important. Your not-so-gray hairs will thank me later.

2. Not everyone has the same agenda

Everybody moves through life at their own pace. We all want different things, and want to take our own unique path to achieve those. There is no use in criticizing another person's growth and development. Our purposes are not all the same, and that's what makes life so interesting.

3. Some people aren't worth chasing

Those who are meant to be in your life will stick by your side no matter what. Still, I understand that life can often get in the way of our friendships and relationships. At the end of the day though, those who want to be in your life will make the effort to stay in it. Those who don't are probably better off being let go.

4. Do what makes you happy

Participate in the things that will move you and improve your life. Stop listening to the people who put down the things you love and tell you that they aren't productive. If you have a passion for something, your possibilities with it are endless.

5. Life goes on

No matter what undesirable thing may have happened to you today, tomorrow you will wake up to a brand new start. Every day is a chance to start over and try something new. You'll get through whatever it is that's bothering you now, and you will turn out better because of it.