8 Essential Tips On How To Make Traveling A Little Less Stressful
Dating

Making a list will keep you from forgetting your phone charger at home and not left realizing it until after your 7-hour flight.

93

I'm a procrastinator - born and bred. I shop sales on the very last day, and I pack my luggage the morning I have to leave. And I almost always barely board my planes on time. No, I don't do it for fun. I really can't help it. Just the thought of doing something takes a lot out of me. But through my years beating the clock, I've gathered (blank) tips for you to use to make one of the most stressful tasks in the world a little easier.

1. Roll your clothes.

c1.staticflickr.com

Have a tiny suitcase but a lot of clothes? This one is a no-brainer. Rolling your clothes allows you to pack more than the traditional folding method. Yes, it takes a little more time, but it's worth it. I manage to fit two weeks worth of clothes in a duffle bag because of it.

2. Make a list.

c2.staticflickr.com

This is probably the most important step, and it will allow you to get everything done and not leave a single thing behind. Write out a list everything you need to do and of everything you need to bring. Make it detailed to your liking. If it's too vague, you might leave something out or behind. Be sure to check that list after you've completed every task and after you've packed each thing. This allows you to reference it constantly and it decreases your chances of leaving anything behind. Making a list will keep you from forgetting your phone charger at home and not realizing it until after your 7-hour flight.

3. Check-in online.

c1.staticflickr.com

Most airlines do allow for passengers to check into their flight up to 24 hours before their scheduled departure. This way, you get to skip the long torturous line at the airport. Just don't forget the boarding pass at home

4. Pack sunscreen.

You can't escape the dangerous UV rays from our crippling ozone no matter what part of the earth you're visiting. Better safe than sorry.

5. Pack a plug adapter.

c1.staticflickr.com

This is big if you're traveling internationally. The plugs used in the United States are not nearly the same as the ones overseas - the voltage is way too high. So if you want to be able to use any of your electronics, bring one. They're available at most grocery stores for a decent price.

6. Buy a suitcase lock.

You really can't trust anyone these days. In case your luggage ever gets lost or it lands in the hands of the wrong person, they won't be able to easily obtain your precious goods. The one time I did forget to put a lock on my suitcase, it was returned to me with half of my stuff missing.

7. Pack a good pair of sneakers.

media.giphy.com

You never know when you'll have to run for your life. Or do a lot of walking.

8. Wear layers to the airport.

I go for comfort and ease over style any day. If you're traveling then you are most likely going to experience several different climates. Try wearing a light top pair with your favorite pants. Top it off with a sweater or hoodie that can be taken off or put back on with ease. A light jacket will do just as well. Or, if you're lazy like me and don't want to put so much effort into multiple layers of clothing, a nice fluffy blanket will do, too.