Lehigh Valley Summer: The Field Of Flowers

Jewels and Gems of the Lehigh Valley

566
Christine Zopf

All summer long, I hope to highlight some of the jewels and gems of the Lehigh Valley. Some are right out in the open, and some are hidden away. Maybe some are right in front of our eyes, but we only see them on a drive, never thinking to stop and take a look around. This first destination is just like that.

On Weaversville Road, right outside of Northampton, there is a field of yellow flowers that stretches as far as the eye can see. I'm not sure who owns this land and I'm not sure what the flowers are for, but I do know they are beautiful. I've been seeing photos for weeks of people going to this field and taking pictures, so I decided to rope one of my friends into going with me. We did a photoshoot of sorts that resulted in over 100 beautiful photos that perfectly captured us, our friendship, and the landscape. Even better, the weather was absolutely perfect, puffy white clouds drifting through a vibrant blue sky and a breeze that gently tousled our hair. I couldn't have asked for better weather.

For those who live in the area, I highly recommend visiting this field, even if it's just a leisurely drive by. If you stop to take photos, take full advantage of its beauty, but heed the saying "Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints." Also, be careful because there is a lot of poison ivy lingering around. Happy exploring!