Why You Need To Listen To Lecrae's New Song

"I'll Find You" is the next best thing for Christian Rap
158

I have always been a lover of music--country music to be more specific. Over time though, going to a private Christian school, I picked up on the genre of Christian Rap. A more wholesome type of "pump up" music for those who aren't particularly big fans of the everyday explicit Rap music. The point is that I believe that every person needs to listen to Lecrae's newest song "I'll Find You." Here's why:

The nice edition of Tori Kelly's vocals in this song is just so inspiring. I believe that the point of this song is to reach out to everyone. We are humans and we all suffer: sickness, pain, loneliness, hate, and death are all things we will experience in this life. It is important to listen to the lyrics of this song. I have listened to a lot of empowering songs in times of darkness. This song just spoke to me a way that I cannot exactly explain. To me, the words Tori Kelly sings throughout the song feels like what God would say to us and Lecrae is talking about the human condition in our struggle.

There are a few lines that stick out to me:

"They say don't get bitter, get better. I'm working on switching those letters."

Seems easier said than done, right? But something in this line just hits home with so many people. We can easily sit around and complain about life, but like Lacrae says, maybe we should work on switching the letters and do something about it.

"They say fear haunts, And pain hates, I say pain strengthens, And fear drives faith."

Fear and pain are not avoidable, but it is what you do with them that matters. You have the control on how something effects your life and how you respond!

It might be the fact that this music video is for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and to raise money for kids with cancer. But this song touched me way before I had seen the music video. I hope this song touched you as much as it touched me. Music can always make us feel a certain way if we give it a chance.