Learning When It's Time To Let Go

Learning When It's Time To Let Go

You can't care for others if you can't care for yourself first.

6
Learning When It's Time To Let Go
Tumblr

Sometimes, we learn the hard way. We learn that people aren't who we thought they were, people don't have your best interest at heart, and people disregard your feelings entirely. We may care too much about someone that could care less, we put too much time and energy into someone who will never appreciate it or return the favor. We always learn the hard way, and that is why sometimes, we need to let go.

What is the point of keeping people around who don't help you grow or bring any source of positivity into your life? There isn't one. Toxic relationships are damaging and are a waste of time, and although we may learn from our past and heartbreaks, we don't need to keep those people around. Learn and move on, let go. It's hard to grow as an individual when you keep people around that prevent you from that - it's hard to prosper and succeed when you keep around someone who does nothing but take from you and leave you drained. Unfortunately, some people may not have the same heart as you and we have to change our lives and remove certain people around us.

It's hard to move on from certain people and let go of those who you love, but at some point, you have to put yourself first and trust your gut rather than your heart. I've always had the instinct to put myself in situations with people that I've felt like I needed to fix, people I needed to mend or learn to understand. Although I sometimes love my true sensitive heart and my want to help fix others, it has never done anything good for me because I put other's hearts before my own. Selfishness is one thing, but caring for yourself and doing what is best for you is the most important. You can't make anyone else happy if you aren't happy yourself. Eventually, you need to cut off those who don't value you and everything you do for them, no matter how difficult it will be.

Embrace your sadness and your anger and learn from it, but cut it off. Stop letting someone who provides nothing for you suck you dry. Take care of yourself first before anyone else.