Learning To Love The Ugly In Someone

Learning To Love The Ugly In Someone

Love isn't all sunshine and butterflies

25
Learning To Love The Ugly In Someone

Loving is never easy. Most great things never are. Yet, as a society, we have such a glamoured vision of what love is supposed to be like. Ah, the butterflies, rose-colored, and fairy-tale love. Where you find your soul mate and everything is perfect.

However, I'm sure by our age you know love is more than just puppies and kittens. It takes real hard work and dedication to truly make things last. A part of commitment is learning to love the ugly in someone.

Now, mind you, none of us is perfect. However, this isn't an excuse to pardon abusive behavior. It doesn't matter if someone is being abusive with fists or words, it's never okay. The best course of action is to distance yourself, seek out help if needed, and remove yourself from the situation.

Yet, even if there is no abuse, learning to love and to cope with someone's ugly side is never an easy fleet. Yet, to make things last it is necessary.

Distance yourself, remind yourself of all the reasons you love them, and come back with a fresh mind and heart.

Coping with the angry, the sad, and the upset in someone is never easy. Love certainly isn't. Yet, just because something isn't easy doesn't mean it's not worthwhile.