An Open Letter To Those Hurting

An Open Letter To Those Hurting

Dealing with the climbing rates of depression and suicidal thoughts is tough but through communication and trust throughout our community we can make a change!

67
An Open Letter To Those Hurting
Unsplash

It's never easy talking about your feelings or what you may be going through. I know that from personal experience. However, the moment you decide to speak up is the moment your life ultimately changes!

I've decided to make my very first post with the Odyssey about the hurt and the broken. The ones who may seek help but don't know where to find it. The one who is crying out for someone to save them but they don't know who to turn to.

I'm here to help you in the best way possible with not only advice but scripture from the Bible or so I like to call it "love letter from God". Who knows something that is read today may ultimately change your life or a friend's.

1. Let me start off by saying you are NEVER alone. The path you travel may seem unbearable and you may feel tired and ready to give up but you can always depend on others. In Isaiah 43:2 it says "When you go through deep waters, I will be with you." Christ will always be with you no matter what the situation. He loves you even at your darkest hour and there is nothing you could ever do to make Him love you any less. Your friends and family are there to support and comfort you. Even when it feels like that may not be the case they still have your best interest at heart and care for your well-being. I (this small town southern girl) care about your well-being and have hopes that you get the chance to live out a happy and healthy life. One that has nothing but love, laughter, and endless memories to cherish for eternity!

2. You have oh so much to live for. In Romans 8:18 the bible says "The pain that you've been feeling, can't compare to the joy that's coming." All the pain that you may be feeling. All the brokenness. Can't compare to what's to come and for what's in store for your life. Don't let the hard times ruin whats to come. You have your whole life ahead of you to do whatever your heart desires. You may want to possibly have a family of your own someday. You may want to live out your dream job of being a vet, teacher, or firefighter! Don't let the rough times take away those amazing opportunities.

3. Never be afraid to reach out for help. I know, that's easier said than done. You don't want to seem vulnerable and you find that it's more than likely a waste of time to reach out for help. You may think that nothing can be said or done to change your outlook on life but I'm here to tell you that reaching out for help is nothing to be ashamed of. We all need a little help here and there. Confide in someone you trust to talk to and share this information with. If anything reaching out for helping during a time of struggle shows how brave and courageous you are! Never let the fear of what others think keep you from helping to better yourself. Take care of yourself! Which leads me to my next point!

4. There is only one you. You are unique in God's eyes and there is no one else like you. You bring such a significant contribution to this world yet you probably don't even realize it! Without even knowing you I know that you are smart, kind, and loving. I know that you have a place in this world and that no one can replace it.

Show the world that you are stronger than the struggles and burdens that it places upon your back. Show the evil that you are not afraid

Never lose hope and sight of what really matters and that is your personal health and well-being.

-I will walk by faith even when I can not see.- 2 Corinthians 5:7

-The Lord is on my side; I will not fear- Psalm 118:6

- Our faith can move mountains- Matthew 17:20

National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255