Learning To Fall In Love With Your Life

Learning To Fall In Love With Your Life

However messy it may seem at times.

15
Learning To Fall In Love With Your Life
Natasha

Love is complicated. Especially once you reach a certain age. The pressure to meet someone, to feel chemistry, define the relationship and move forward with them begins pretty early on. I just graduated from high school one year ago and I can already name multiple people who have settled down with a significant other. And that is amazing, honestly, I am beyond happy for those who have found the one person in the world they want to be with. But I just don't see that for me; not right now at least.

Right now I am embracing my life, just as I have it. I am absolutely broke. I'm struggling with my classes and workload. I'm trying to exercise regularly and eat healthy. I'm attempting to maintain a balanced social life with new college friends and beloved hometown friends. My life is messy and imperfect at this moment and I am fully aware that it's going to be like this for a long time.

I wouldn't want it any other way.

Looking at it from a different perspective- I am getting a higher education that so many around the globe don't even have the option of receiving. I may not have much cash, but I am blessed to be set up with a savings account for a secure start in life. I have no physical ailments preventing me from pursuing my health goals. I have friends and family surrounding me almost constantly, pulling me in with love whenever I need it.

It can be so easy to look at the negatives in our lives. I am blinded by the fogginess of the few inconveniences in my life, that I often lose sight of what I am truly blessed with.

I have learned to love my life. I love where I am. I love the people I am with. I love the opportunities that lay ahead of me, just waiting for me to get the courage to grasp them. I love the memories I have with so many of my friends and family of laughing until my stomach hurt and tears sprung from my eyes.

I even love the bad moments. When I felt so alone at college after winter break that I couldn't even fall asleep, with the pang of homesickness constantly hurting my chest. I am appreciative of that short stage in my life. It gave me the push I needed to make a change, to meet people and to put myself out there.

So no, I am not in love with anyone. But I do love. I have so much love in my life that I receive on a daily basis, and I have so much love to give out to those in my life.

I love myself. I love my messed up life, too, because in the chaos, there is always beauty to be found.