What I Learned From The Women In My Life

Where would we be without our mothers, aunts, and grandmothers...

37
Quotes Gram

Growing up, there are so many qualities, skills, and characteristics that we learn from observing the women in our life. As children, our mothers are super heroes who provide warmth and comfort while ensuring the world turns; our aunts are wonderful beings who we look forward to spending rainy afternoons with; our grandmothers are the embodiment of happiness, supplied with warm hugs and great food. These women who have figured out how to work through every struggle with a smile on their face deserve to have their influence recognized. Here are ten traits I learned from the important women in my life.

Humor

It’s important to learn how to laugh at yourself, and how to appreciate shows like The Office and Parks and Recreation.

Liability

Sticking to one’s word and owning up to the mistakes we make are how we get Mom and Dad to forgive us after we fail our math test and promise to study harder next time.

Creativity

Why not wing a new recipe, or write a novel in two days? (My aunt has a whole room dedicated to writing!)

Youthfulness

No matter how old you get, it’s okay to stay a child at heart. Encouraged, in fact.

Decency

Being kind to others and helping them out whenever possible is, just simply, what a good person does.

Intuition/Insight

Insight and intuition is so crucial to realizing that sometimes, it’s okay to change ourselves. It’s also okay to change direction in the middle of the journey.

Commitment

If you start something, you finish something. Even if just to say you did it.

Courtesy

Being courteous is a wonderful sign of confidence, grace, and good manners all wrapped into one concept.

Consideration

Sometimes, it’s okay to think too much into it; it shows others we care.

Fearlessness

Saying what you want and doing what you want, because you miss every shot you don’t take.