9 Things I’ve Learned, For Better Or For Worse, Since Moving To Music City

At least 100 people are moving to Nashville every day.

94
Treasure Paiva

I'm a wonderer by nature. It's something that's in my DNA. So when I decided I wanted to move away from my small town, I did it. I left everything I had ever known to move to Music City. I've been here a little over a year now, and this is what I've learned.

1. You’ll Never Be Bored

Rutledge Falls

Treasure Paiva

There's always something to do here. Between concerts, festivals or daily activities at national parks, you'll never have a dull day here.

2. Traffic is the Worst

live.staticflickr.com

And it’s really bad when you’re five minutes from home and need to use the bathroom. I don’t think I’ll ever get used to the horrible traffic.

3. Get Full Coverage

www.goodfreephotos.com

Nashville is growing so fast. With all of the traffic and construction, it’s best to have full coverage insurance on your car. Just trust me on this one.

4. Go to Broadway

c0.wallpaperflare.com

When you move, or even visit, come see Broadway. Have fun, sing, dance and then never go back. Broadway is filled with tourists, and while it might seem fun, it's too much to deal with.

5. Food, Food and more Food

live.staticflickr.com

Not only is Nashville music city, but the food here is amazing. Different types of food surround the city. You’re bound to find your favorite place somewhere in the city.

6. Sports

Treasure Paiva

Sports happen to be a big thing in Nashville. Any time a team wins, or loses, you can feel it in the air whenever you're out and about.

7. Go to Lovers' Circle

Lovers Circle

Treasure Paiva

The view is immaculate! Especially with sunsets. You can hear the marching bands from the nearby colleges, and it's just so peaceful.

8. More Than Just Country Music.

live.staticflickr.com

This is music city... where all types of bands play. Walking down Broadway you'll hear cover bands play all kinds of music. Between country, rock, soul and pop, the sounds are endless. And, if you go into bars with multiple levels, each level is a different genre of music. I promise you'll find something to your liking.

9. Big Town with a Small Town Feel

www.goodfreephotos.com

Even though Nashville is a bigger town, I swear everyone knows everyone. From one end of the town to the other, all locals know each other. It made my move from small town USA so much easier.