20 Things I Have Learned As A New Cat Mom

Once you get a cat, your life will never be the same.

150
Tessa Lebo

I thought I knew what it would be like to have a cat of my own, but I didn't know the half of it. My cat surprises me every day and I couldn't be more than thankful that I found him, even though he is a handful. This is what I have learned on my cat mom journey so far.

1. They will wake up as soon as the sun rises and they want you up too. 

2. Once you give them wet cat food they will beg for it everyday around the same time.

3. Your room forever smells like kitty litter now. Accept it. 

4. Keep a candle by the litter box for when they drop #2. 

5. They will be just as fascinated with a cardboard box or paper bag than with an expensive toy. 

6. Hide anything in your room that looks even a little like a toy or it will be played with. 

7. Keep plants protected or they will be eaten or destroyed. 

8. Your days of peeing alone are over. 

9. Don't move under the blankets (Especially your feet) or you will be attacked. 

10. Any food or water left out will be tasted by them. 

11. Anything can be a toy if you try hard enough. 

12. Cats won't automatically love you like dogs. You have to work for it. 

13. "My food bowl is empty!" *Food lines the bottom of the bowl*

14. They don't like when you're too clingy. Let them come to you. 

15. Get scratching posts so they don't ruin furniture. 

16. They will always win the staring contest. 

17. They are very nocturnal. 

18. You will have scratches all over your arms. 

19. Expect them to chirp back at birds through the window. 

20. You will never love anything more in your life.