3 Reasons Everyone Eventually Has To Learn To Trust Again After The Pain Subsides

Learning to trust again can be hard, but it is worth it.

87
unsplash.com

Learning to trust again is a completely different feeling now. You feel broken, lost, confused. Nothing you or anyone else does makes it any better in the beginning.

1. Everyone wants to be trusted, but not everyone deserves to gain your trust.

Learning to trust after your trust has been broken by multiple people, including the person you never thought would lose your trust is HARD.

2. You have to forgive yourself.

Forgive yourself for believing no one would ever hurt you. Forgive yourself for believing the people who hurt you bad enough to lose your trust, would never hurt you.

3. You have to forgive them, too.

Forgive them for hurting you. Forgive them for not knowing what they had when they had it, and forgive them for thinking they would never lose your trust.

Everyone has expired pain.

Everyone despite their story has had their trust broken. It's normal to be scared to trust again, it is NORMAL to be scared of future pain. The unfortunate truth is that you may get hurt again. It may happen a lot sooner than expected, it could also take years to feel that pain again. In the end, trust in the foundation of all relationships, you cannot just skip over it.

Trusting is a decision you must make knowing the possibilities of being hurt again.

You eventually have to let your guard down and let go of the fear.