How To Learn To Be OK With Being Alone
Social Life

If You Never Learn How To Be OK With Being Alone, You Will Always Feel Lonely

We often know a lot about someone else but realize that we don't know enough about ourselves.

82

There is no doubt that loneliness is on the rise and it affects people of all ages. Though modern search engines may return millions of web pages in a fraction of a second, it doesn't seem to have a more realistic and practical solution for this matter. Phrases like "No one really cares about you," "Don't put yourself out there. You'll only be rejected," "No one ever understands you anyway," and many more versions of "S/he doesn't want you to ask her out" are becoming part of our daily conversations with both our friends and ourselves. The spiral of critical thoughts whirling through our minds damages our self-esteem and debilitates us from reaching any other individual.

In the United States, loneliness is presently at pestilence levels. A recent study on U.S. adults found that almost 50% of Americans feel lonely. Also, about 50 percent of respondents said they had in-person social connections consistently, and 50 percent said they once in a while or dependably feel that their relationships are not significant and that they're disconnected from others. Likewise, an ongoing national survey of adults 45+ demonstrated that more than 42 million individuals experience the ill effects of interminable depression, while study, as mentioned above, uncovered that youngsters of age 18-22 are far more likely than senior citizens to report being lonely and in poor health, making them the loneliest generation.

Unlike physically being alone from everyone else, loneliness is a feeling and a thought. It includes a way of seeing ourselves and our surroundings. We can feel desolate in a large cluster of social settings and conditions. If loneliness is a state of one's consciousness, would we be able to change our outlook to feel less lonely? I think we can by taking on our inner voice. Also, this voice makes us feel like we are extraordinary and undeserving. Frequently, when individuals feel their loneliest, they are primarily in the organization of this inward commentator. We often know a lot about someone else but realize that we don't know enough about ourselves. The crucial point is that you need to have the capacity to associate with yourself, comprehend your feelings, and explore your mind and that's how you start to be comfortable alone.

Connecting to other individuals might feel overwhelming when we're under the spell of your inner voice. So, the first step to combating our loneliness is to be a friend with yourself. We ought to embrace a frame of mind toward ourselves that we would reach out to any friend experiencing the same circumstances. It implies reacting to these voices with an increasingly consistent, positive, and merciful viewpoint. At last, it means finding a way to IGNORE its directives. When you take any step toward making a new connection is a step to debilitate your inner critic and change your point of view, not just toward the outside world, but toward yourselves. As I discussed in this article, don't let society or any individual pressure you to be something that you're not.