Don't Let Society Pressure You To Be Something That You're Not

It’s better to wear fashions that grace your character, rather than whatever the fashion gods on IG or YouTube tell you should wear.
425

Once upon a time, the hype of fashion was only limited to the particular occasions and events. One might undoubtedly find a vast difference between a previous and modern generation though it would be absurd and pointless to compare.

Now, fashion is becoming the essential part of almost every teenager. Fashion usually reflects in the high school and college students including high fashion clothes, jewelry, sunglasses, language, taste in music, hairstyles, and even moral values. Majority of modern youth is slave to fashion. However, some teens invent their unique styles and aim at becoming an icon and differences among their groups.

In days of yore, fashion used to be found only among the upper class of people, but the time has changed entirely. It's difficult to see someone walking down the street who is not fashion conscious. Social media and television have been perceived as one of the primary influencers. Today's youths believe that in order to be popular among their people, they need to be fashion conscious or I would say match with their fashion. In fact, it's often seen that to assert their individuality and the values of their peers, they decide to break away from their parent generation.

However, someone might genuinely like specific fashion trend which does not make him/her slave to the fashion. The thought process to gain acceptance under the peer pressure or fear makes him/her slave to the fashion. Often, the influence of the group has no bad results, and occasionally, the impact can even be right.

What you always see in Vogue might not always suit your body or even personality.

It's quite reasonable to find that something is just not for you, and that's ok. It’s better to wear fashions that grace your character, rather than whatever the fashion gods on IG or YouTube tell you should wear. In the present, budget is one of the biggest concern for every college students, and thus one should make right choices before being a slave to fashion. You may have found yourself more involved with fashion and spending more time on social media then sleeping or studying for exams.

Today's youth strives hard to resemble the fashion models or glamorous faces. In fact, it's perfectly fine to be fashionable or get inspired by your fashion model, but you have to make sure that you don't hurt your self-esteem by being a slave to fashion. In short, the fundamental idea behind this article is not to oppose fashion models or modern youths, but it's to warn them about their choices when it comes to fashion. Don't let fashion define you.

You should determine fashion for yourself.