What I Have And Will Continue To Learn From Working With Kids

I always say that I will learn more from my students than they will from me, and I cannot wait to start that journey.

185

I have loved kids ever since I can remember.

I was an only child up until I was 5 years old. Those years were great, but I spent a good amount of them laying on the floor, crying and begging my parents for another sibling.

Soon my sister came, then another sister and then my brother.

I loved them so much and wanted to do nothing but care for them.

My siblings made me realize how much I love working with kids, how much I love teaching them and how much I love learning from them.

I had the opportunity to help my dad coach my sister's softball and basketball teams. This was one of the best experiences I have ever had.

Throughout high school, I spent time volunteering in elementary classrooms, and any "uncertainty" I had about what I wanted to do with my life was gone.

The "uncertainty" was the fact that I maybe wouldn't get paid enough, I wouldn't be good enough or people would think I wasn't smart enough.

But I can learn more from kids than I could ever learn from my professors.

And I'm not saying anything against any profession. But we all have our things.

And mine is kids, mine is teaching.

Children teach me to take life a little less seriously.

They have taught me that you truly never know what other people are going through and we are all going through something.

Children will teach me to keep my patience.

They will keep me young forever.

Children have taught me to never pass judgment and always spread kindness

They will teach me lessons that I can't even imagine right now and things I don't even know.