Parenting Styles

Parenting Styles

Learn about main Parenting Styles

39
parenting-styles

Learn about the most commonly parenting styles used around the world for child-rearing

There are following main types of parenting styles are:

Authoritarian Parenting

According to several children's development specialists, "Authoritarian Parenting is the ideal parenting style for the upbring/ child-rearing. This parenting style has the following characteristics which make it different from the other.

• Make clear and consistent rules and set boundaries
  • Must have some acceptable form of expectation from the child's side.
  • Consider and listen to the child's feedback.
  • Be kind with positive feedback

Attachment Parenting

Attachment parenting is a style where parents build a very strong, close, and emotional connection with their child, create a safe and secure environment for their baby.

Permissive Parenting

The Permissive parent's style, the parenting are very soft, loving, and warm. They do not follow the normal old-fashioned parenting techniques where parents decide everything. In Permissive parenting, it's the children who call the shots. Permissive parent has the following characteristics:

• They do not set boundaries and limits.
  • They have very limited ground rules.
  • They give free hands to children to make decisions of their own.
  • They do not try to control their children

Free-range Parenting

You may call it a restricted form of permissive style. In this parenting style, children are allowed space/range and make their own decisions within those limits but with parental guidance.

• Children's will have some Independence
  • Control
  • freedom
  • responsibility

Helicopter Parenting

In this parenting style, parents watch very closely their children. It is just like a helicopter hover over the sky. Helicopter parents hover over their children all the time.

• Excessively control over their children.
  • Always come in to solve child's problem giving them less chance to overcome by themselves
  • low confidence in children
  • Persistently guide them all the time

Neglectful Parenting

Like its name, neglectful parenting style is where someone has very limited connections with the child's upbringing. No parents will be willing or wishfully have this type of parenting style. Normally this type of parenting style exists where both or either of the parent, mother, or father is too much busy with work, just to make food at the table and make their ends meet.

These parents have less involvement in their children's. In this parenting style, children mostly feel unloved.

Conclusion

The ultimate goal of every parent is to be the best parents of their children. You may choose any of one, or mix any of the parenting styles mentioned above. But we should also consider that financial issues affect parenting regardless if they are rich or poor.