11 Sweet Leadership Lessons You Can Learn From Your Favorite Candy

Candy is sweeter than just the taste, it teaches leadership lessons.

596
ijansch / Flickr

Leadership is sweet.

No, I’m not talking about how sweet it would be to be the CEO of a Fortune 500 Company. (Even though it would be pretty sweet.)

Yes, having a leadership position may be exciting. But it’s much sweeter when your behaviors show that you are a true leader.

Candy is the sweetest ways to learn about leadership traits and how to better work with others.

1. Sweetart Leaders

Sweetart leaders seem sweet at first. They always leave a good impression, greet others with a smile and volunteer whenever the boss asks.

As sweet as they may be, they can turn tart. These leaders are sweet only when it benefits themselves.

2. Skittles Leaders

Skittles leaders are full of ideas, possibilities and creativity! They bring in ideas from everyone involved and are always excited to try something new.

This excitement can be short-lived when they sign up for more than they can handle or do not think about the consequences of their actions.

Their tendency to be fast-paced and “taste the rainbow” (try everything) can get them into trouble

3. Bubblegum Leaders

Bubblegum leaders make everything they do “pop!” They add details to any project that make it come to life.

However, you may burst their bubble if you do not agree with their ideas. Furthermore, their pride may reach a point where it “pops” if they are not careful.

4. Jawbreaker Leaders

These leaders can be intimidating due to their thick exterior. They can be frustrating when they are slow to share their ideas with others.

Do not let them intimidate or frustrate you. Just like a jawbreaker, take time to work with them, and you will learn how sweet they truly are.

5. Pop Rocks Leaders

Like Bubblegum leaders, Pop Rocks leaders make things “pop.” The difference is that they have the confidence to “rock” anything.

This confidence may become explosive when they decide to “rock” something negative or when someone leaves their confidence on rocky ground.

6. Laffy Taffy Leaders

Laffy Taffy leaders know how to make people laugh! They are the leaders that use comedy to make meetings less boring.

Unfortunately, their humor can be inappropriate; leaving them in sticky situations.

7. Peppermint Leaders

Peppermint leaders work to clean up mistakes and leave things fresh. They always have “fresh” and innovative ideas.

Consequently, they may offend others when they over-edit information.

8. Sour Patch Kid Leaders

Sour Patch Kid leaders are notorious for leaving a negative first impression. Their sour disposition means that they are easily irritated.

Don’t let their initially sour disposition fool you, beneath their bitterness they are sweet.

9. Snickers Leaders

Snickers leaders always laugh at everything, even if it isn’t funny. They love sharing gossip.

Once you get past their sometimes childish ways you will learn that Snickers leaders may be a little nutty. However, their sweetness holds them together.

10. Almond Joy Leaders

Like their name suggests, Almond Joy leaders are always joyful. Their smiles can light up a room and draw people in.

Unfortunately, Almond Joy leaders tend to be softies. They are very tenderhearted and will let their emotions control their decisions.

11. Gummy Worm Leaders

Slimy and sneaky are good adjectives for Gummy Worm leaders. They tend to sneak into other’s business to gain information.

Even though Gummy Worm leaders may seem disgusting at first, they are often shy. Their sneaky ways are how they gain information without being the center of attention.