Latino Flu Remedies
Family Friends

Latino Flu Remedies

Acuerdanse mijos, el vaporub les va ayudar bastante :)

260
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-fMPFZJdsM
Youtube

Hola! Bienvenidos mis amigos!

You have probably heard from your mother or grandmother the two basic remedies for when you are sick, Vaporub and a teaspoon of lemon with honey. Almost every latina mother or grandmother has done this to their children and surprisingly it has healed you. Do you all remember when you had that sore throat and whooping cough and immediately you are forced to intake that teaspoon of lemon with honey? Or how about when you had a fever or a stomach ache, your mom, aunt, or grandma made you the best sopa de res? Just thinking about it is making myself hungry, but let me list you all the remedies I had growing up.

Vivaporu!

Vaporub

Remezcla

This is the holy grail of all remedies known to mankind. Even with a small fever or a tiny cough, I was forced to put vaporub on my chest and feet to help me breath. Let's agree, it makes complete sense why one should put Vaporub on their chest for opening up one's sinuses, but with the feet, it is a whole other story. Putting Vaporub on your feet is meant to draw out the impurities from your body. But Vaporub is not known only for your chest and feet, it is known to be put EVERYWHERE in your body. No exaggeration whatsoever. This miraculous over the counter topical ointment has been there for us through the good and bad times.

Want to breathe better?

Put on Vaporub en tu pecho y piez.

Have a fever?

Vaporub on the way!!

Caldo de res

Youtube

This sopa is the best to eat whether or not you are sick. You know you are about to eat so good when you come from work or school and you smell el Caldo from the kitchen. Caldo de res has both vitamins A and C in the lime, cabbage, and carrots and protein from the beef. If you are having a fever, the soup will help you recover and hydrate you back to good health.

Every. Single. Colcha.

The Luxury Spot

During cold weather, it is the best time to bundle up with a few blankets and drink tea while watching Netflix. But it is not the best idea to bundle completely with multiple blankets. With the flu you experience both chills and a fever so it is best to cover yourself up with probably one or two blankets at most. Until abuela sees your arm outside of your blanket and freaks out so she offers more to cover you up.

If any of you have grown up with these remedies you know what it is like to have your grandmother or mother consistently checking up on you for every fifteen minutes along with the crazy yet miraculous remedies. Yet thanks to them you are healed from that stomach ache, migraine, whooping cough, and the most important one the flu.