The Last Week

Sunday, August 3 is when the week before move-in day officially starts. As does the most frantic week of last minute crafting/packing/shopping/Netflix binge watching/tanning/working out.

I personally have already started crafting for my future little, on top of packing while having Netflix going at all times in the background. It's so stressful - and I'm covered with paint. 

There are last minute friends to go see, dinners with family members before they all head off to do their own things, hair appointments, nail appointments, shopping for bid day outfits, making posters for bid day, practicing your outfits and hair for recruitment week, and always trying to get a head start on the coolers for the school year. There isn't anything relaxing happening - no matter how many candlelight baths you take. Something about the week before school just screams "stress." 

Especially the week before you move in for work week and recruitment week. This will be the first time I have participated in work week and the first time I've gone through recruitment. (I was a spring pledge and never got to see actual recruitment so be sure to look out for the article on that!) I am beyond thrilled to be a part of such an exciting experience but I'm also terrified. I have no idea of knowing how ready I am and I definitely do not know if I have everything I'll need. 

Sure, I went school supply shopping weeks ago. I already ordered my books - even though you're suppose to wait until the first week of classes. My bed spread, sheets, and pillows are washed and ready to go on my new bed. Clothes are (almost) packed into categories to make it easy to put them away in my future dresser. The rest of the week is planned out perfectly of crafting and seeing friends/family. Yet, there is the lingering thought that I'm forgetting something. 

I do suppose that there is the Target only a few minutes away from the house, but I would rather not have to deal with the rest of the sophomore class being there too. (Sorry ladies, love y'all.) 

To all the others who are in the same boat: good luck - I'm sure we can do it all plus find time to finish the book we started at the beginning of the summer.