15 Quotes From 'The Last Song'

15 Quotes From 'The Last Song' That Will Having You Mourning Miley And Liam's Split

This movie made all the girls want a Will in their lives and all the guys want a Ronnie in theirs.

4373
Touchstone Pictures

'The Last Song' still gives me chills thinking about the whirlwind summer romance between Ronnie and Will.

Everyone knows the story, rich boy with the perfect life falls for the girl who protects her heart by pushing away everyone who cares about her, they have a fight, then ultimately live happily ever after.

Recently, Ronnie and Will said their goodbyes in their real-life romance. Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth met on the set of "The Last Song" and have had an on again-off again relationship since. They married in December of 2018 and not even a year later are now separated.

Let's live vicariously through Will and Ronnie's love to memorialize their IRL by reliving the best quotes about love from "The Last Song."

Steve Miller

via GIPHY

"One day you're gonna open your heart. And it isn't gonna be to make me happy. It'll be for you. Because love is gonna bring you joy."

Kim

"We're not perfect. Any of us. We make mistakes, we screw up but then we forgive and move forward."

Ronnie

"Truth only means something when it's hard to admit! Don't you get that? "

Steve Miller

via GIPHY

"Love is fragile. And we're not always its best caretakers. We just muddle through and do the best we can. And hope this fragile thing survives against all odds."

Nicholas Sparks

"The pieces all fit together. Yet everything was falling apart."

Steve Miller

"When I was seventeen, I don't think I even knew what love was. But when it's right, it's right, and you just know it."

Steve Miller

"What happens in the past, is in the past. But don't be surprised if it comes back and haunts you."

Ronnie

"People make mistakes, Will. Even the people that we love."

Steve Miller 

"In the end, you should always do the right thing, even if it's hard. I know that might not help you and that the right thing isn't always so easy to figure out."

Jonah

via GIPHY

"Are you gonna say goodbye, because I really don't wanna hear it."

Jonah & Steve Miller

Jonah: "Mom says it's because she has PMS."

Steve: "Do you even know what PMS is, Jonah?"

Jonah: "Of course I do, Dad. I'm not a little kid anymore. It's the Pissed At Men Syndrome."

Will & Ronnie

via GIPHY

Will: "Best first date of my life."

Ronnie: "It was not a date"

Will: "Well we can make it one"

Will & Ronnie

Veronica: "How is Vanderbilt?"Will: "It's a good school, not sure it's for me though."Ronnie: "What do you mean?"Will: "I'm thinkin' of maybe transferring to Columbia next semester so the girl I love can watch me make a few more mistakes."

Will & Ronnie

via GIPHY

*Will scream-singing "She Will Be Loved"*

Will & Ronnie

Veronica: "Why did you want me to see this?"Will: "Because I thought you would like her as much as I do, scars and all."