Feelings as you enter the last semester of college undergrad
Education

Feelings As I Enter My Last Semester Of College

School has been my entire life up to this point, so now what?

354
https://www.pexels.com/photo/architecture-building-buildings-campus-267853/

College is a time in your life when you have fun, meet new people, experience new things, and start to figure out who you are. While in college you're really preparing for your career once you graduate and you'll feel ready, but having a "career" is something you've never had before. Not having class 5 days a week is something you've never had before. Many colleges, including my own, do very well at prepping their students for entering the work force and finding jobs once they graduate, but there are so many life changes after leaving school that can be so scary yet exciting all at the same time. Graduating college is an amazing accomplishment that, if attained, you should be extremely proud of, but just make sure that you think about what's going to happen after college before it happens!

With only a semester left of college myself, I have so many emotions running through my head. Excitement, happiness, nervousness, fear, sadness, and more I can't even explain. Leaving the friends that I have grown so close to and the school and its incredible staff that has helped me develop into the person I am today are heart-wrenching goodbyes that I am scared to face. I know I will always have my friends and be a part of my school as an alum, but not being there everyday and waking up in the same room as my bestie is going to be hard to get use to.

Imaging what things will be like once I'm in my workplace is hard. Well first I need to make sure I can find a job. I've been meeting with people and talking to the career center at my school for a bit for help so I won't be just walking out of school with no plans, but its scary to wonder if I'll have a job to pay my bills and loans back. I want to make sure that when I leave college I'm prepared to provide for myself and be a successful individual in the workforce.

Entering the last semester of my college career has just made me focused on what will happen after I graduate, but there's still one more semester for me to experience in my college career and I'm going to live it up the most I can! You need to plan for the future, but that can't be the only thing you're focused on, or you'll never enjoy the present!