How It Feels To Be The Last One Picked

How It Feels To Be The Last One Picked

"In The Same Way, The Last Shall Be First."
555

Do you ever feel like everyone around you is moving forward, while your just stuck? Stuck like glue, in the same place you've always been. Do you every feel as if God's picking teams and everyone else is picked before you? It's like your back in elementary school again and your the last one picked.

It's difficult. It's difficult to be at this place in life. I'm 21 and I feel like everyone is moving forward. Everyone is pursuing dreams and passions. Everyone is being given opportunities, while I'm just patiently sitting here. Sometimes, I feel as if God is opening doors for everyone else and I keep knocking, but the door never opens. It's a weird in-between period. A period of unknown's and uncertainty. A period of life where I feel like everyone is moving forward, while I'm just sitting here hoping to be picked, hoping to be called. But, the phones not ringing. It's like I'm on a telephone chain and it's really long... and everyone gets the message before me, because once again I'm the last name on that list.

The struggle to be content in the waiting is so very difficult. It's hard to watch others find their places. It's hard to feel as if your the last one to finally find His calling, His purpose, and His plans for your life. But what I have realized is, God doesn't follow the timeline society has laid out for these "milestones." He's got his own plans. So, if your like me. If your feeling as if everyone is moving forward. Everyone is getting these opportunities placed before them. Everyone is finding someone to spend the rest of their life with and everyone has this life thing figure out. Don't worry about it. God is the master planner and He will guide you to these milestones in time.

So, stop feeling as if your always the Last One Picked. You are not. But rather, God will always pick you first. Even when you feel as if the rest of the world is moving forward, remember that God is working behind the scenes. You may not have hit these milestones yet, but It's only a matter of time. Stop comparing yourself to others, but rather focus on where He has led you.

Don't worry about being picked last.

Because, God reminds us that "In the same way, the last will be first, and the first will be last, because many are called, but few are chosen." Matthew 20:16

So, embrace it. Embrace where you are at. And understand that those who are picked last by others, will always be picked first by the creator of the universe.