Lake Tahoe And It's Magical California Destinations

I'd rather be at the lake!

29
PC Wall Art

The first time I traveled to Lake Tahoe, I was not even a year old, but the magical aura of this spectacular place has captured my heart through every trip I have taken back. From the city life atmosphere of the Southern state border to the adventurous spirit of Squaw and Alpine, anyone can find a place they love in the greater Tahoe area during any season of the year. I've had my fair share of travel to every little part of Tahoe, with the Emerald Bay area probably being my favorite place. Here is the low-down (in my perspective) of the California areas bordering this beautiful lake!

Starting up North...

Kings Beach and North Shore are very chill. From golf to fishing to beach relaxing, there's a laid-back lifestyle for everyone. As well, TART, the public transportation system that connects North Tahoe to Truckee, is available here. If you are a fan of beautiful scenery, a look around Crystal Bay is a must-do (even though it's in Nevada). If you're a die-hard California lover (such as myself), Carnelian Bay is a beautiful sight, as well, and is still in our beloved golden state. To be honest, all of the natural scenery in the greater Tahoe area is to die for, making it the main reason I love this area so much.

If you are a ski lover, Truckee and Northstar are the places for you to be. This is not only an area for the athletically-inclined, though, as the snowy areas in Donner Park (yes, the Donner family who ate each other) are fantastic as well! If you enjoy hiking, you can catch a little bit of the Pacific Crest Trail in this area during any time of the year!

Also, the Winter Olympics were once held in Tahoe in Squaw Valley! You can actually ski in the same area and skate on the same rink as the former Olympians. It is an absolute blast! Click here for more information.

#WestCoastBestCoast

Alright, the water is technically to the east and people only talk about north and south shore, but you get my point. California is the best state on the best coast of the country. Anyway, West Shore Tahoe has many great things to offer for people of all ages! If you are a tree climber and do not have a fear of heights (sorry, Mom), I highly recommend going to the Tahoe Treetop Adventure Park in Tahoe City. If you are staying in North Shore, this is a perfect little drive. You can't bring your little ones under five, and I believe there are some height requirements, but check out the link for more information.

Also, if you have your big day coming up, look into having your wedding in Lake Tahoe! Your photos will be absolutely breathtaking, and it will certainly be a night your guests will not forget. Since this area is where many people have vacation homes, your guests and wedding party will have plenty of places available for them to stay. If you're not sold on the idea yet, check out the amazing shot below of my sister and her husband from their wedding here this past October! How could you pass up such an amazing venue? #GOALS

Just looking for a quick getaway? There are so many options in West Shore Tahoe that are available for varied amounts of time. When you're there, make sure to check out the Blue Agave restaurant in Tahoe City for some bomb Mexican food. Look across the street, and you have a breathtaking view! Here's a snapshot of my sister and I from our daddy-daughter trip there this past summer.

Now bring it down South...

From the hiking trails and gorgeous views in Emerald Bay to the city and nightlife of the Heavenly and State line area, there's a little bit of everything in South Lake Tahoe. If you are over 21, you can hop on over to Harrah's or Harvey's in Nevada for some gambling. If you are not yet of age in Nevada to sit at a blackjack table to go home sad and broke, the shopping in South Lake Tahoe is a must-do. As well, Heavenly village has little bits of fun for everyone! From ice skating to skiing and snowboarding, the fun times seem endless.

Don't trip if you're not a ski or snowboard or snow person in general. Going to Lake Tahoe in the summer is actually super fun. There are plenty of hikes to do, most specifically my favorite, Emerald Bay. If you would like to check out my 360-degree photos from Emerald Bay, click here. Below is a photo of my sisters and I on the hike.

Beyond what I have already listed here, there is the opportunity to do boating activities on the lake (but please, keep it clean) as well as kayaking and paddle boarding. These can be done in any area of the lake! I couldn't possibly fit my love for Lake Tahoe into a short article, but I hope that this has increased your desire to visit or made you reminisce about your lovely days there in the past!