Ladies, We Need To Stop Criticizing And Start Admiring

The next time you think she looks good, tell her.

111
Bayley Cook

As we grow up, the golden rule is always drilled into our heads. In elementary school, our teachers would have banners on the walls that read, “Treat others the way you would want to be treated.” However, this magical rule always seems to get lost somewhere along the way.

As little ones, we are decently accepting towards each other no matter the differences. But by the time middle school comes around, girls can become the worst enemies to ever have.

Girls can be pretty damn mean to each other.

Unless you are the luckiest human in the world, you have probably experienced some sort of diminishment by another female. Unfortunately, this is really hard to avoid. Especially when it comes to people we don’t even know.

Isn’t that sad? Someone we have never even spoken a single word to can criticize our every movement as if they knew us our entire lives. And thanks to social media, this is becoming easier and easier to do every day.

Now that we have platforms such as Instagram, judging the lives of other women is all too easy. You can look at a stranger’s life from afar and create your own implications. However, we should really be admiring their outfits and the experiences they get to live.

Instead of refusing to like Sarah’s post because she is wearing that swimsuit better than you, give it a like AND shoot her a comment. You obviously think she looks good, so why not let her know and make her feel even better about herself?

Although I am focusing on this side of the female population, don’t get me wrong, there are many women in this world that are actively supporting each other. And often times, we really do build each other up. But the criticism is happening far more often.

What we don’t realize enough, is how much this can hurt someone.

Trust me, I am not perfect what-so-ever. I have had my fair share of cruel jokes and snide comments. I have been harsh to someone I have never formally met, and the guilt I felt probably should have been stronger. However, after experiencing the other side, I have also found the importance of being nice to other girls.

The impact that can be made in another woman’s day is tremendous, by simply complimenting her shoes or telling her what it is that makes her such a good individual.

We spend so much of our time comparing ourselves to each other that we get this giant mound of jealousy built up inside. Jealousy makes us do stupid things and keeps us from respecting one another.

Jealousy is one of the ugliest traits.

We need to stop comparing and start admiring. By turning our criticism into compliments, we can become happier, not only about each other, but about ourselves. It is almost as if the act of kindness lights a little candle inside of us that makes us glow from the outside.

It helps us to become beautiful ourselves, inside and out.

The next time you find yourself evaluating the actions of another woman, take control and start looking at the good in her instead. In doing so, you will be able to see the beauty in her and express the beauty in yourself.