Ladies, Lets Leave Beanies in 2016

Ladies, Lets Leave Beanies in 2016

It's not 2005 and you're not Avril Lavigne.

12
Ladies, Lets Leave Beanies in 2016

If you’re wearing a cute casual outfit, please don’t ruin it with a beanie. Outfit upon outfit has been completely destroyed by a grungy beanie. If you’re taking the time to apply makeup, assemble your hair, and lay out an outfit, why on earth would you destroy your look by slopping a beanie on your head. I mean come on ladies, do better.

Okay, maybe I’m just being a “hater," but I cannot stand beanies whatsoever. I think they take your look from Kim K to homeless man real quick.

Unless it’s either A) actually snowing

B) you happen to be Eminem

or C) are robbing a convenience store, there is no good reason to place a beanie on your head before walking out the door.

And don’t get me wrong, I get that we all have bad hair days, but there are much better options available. You could add a baseball cap, dry shampoo, or even tie your hair up. Honestly I would prefer a giant cheer bow the size of Rhode Island as opposed to a frumpy beanie. They shouldn’t even be in the back of your mind when you’re getting ready. Lock those beanies up, ladies.

I understand they might be your “fall go-to,” but just like fedoras they should be a trend that is buried in 2016. They are no longer an acceptable option and should be treated as such. Please just put them out of your mind, and more importantly out of my sight.