"La La Land" Brings Out Passions

"La La Land" Brings Out Passions

Here's to the fools who dream.

54
"La La Land" Brings Out Passions
Black Label Media

There have been many great movies coming out so far in 2017. There is a whole list of movies I would already recommend going to the theaters to see. The one I really want to talk about however is "La La Land" starring Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone and John Legend.

This movie is all about two people living in Los Angeles, California. One, a jazz-loving pianist (Ryan Gosling) who wants to keep jazz alive and teach people the beauty of it, and the other, a barista (Emma Stone) working on a movie set who is trying to become known and make it as an actress. Both characters have problems finding their way and go through a lot of trials and errors in their lives after constantly bumping into each other, partnering up romantically, and pushing each other to make their dreams come true.

This is what "La La Land" is about-- Dreams. Passion. Change. Risk-Taking.

"People love what other people are passionate about." - Mia Dolan (Emma Stone)

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F01%2F14%2F6362002195537679701724746872_la-la-land.jpg%3Fw%3D670%26h%3D377%26crop%3D1&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=884&h=b5673a56d0f9ab37732c43ceda557119b6a1def9369010b3b08ee97e2d73a4f4&size=980x&c=1514576157 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2017%252F01%252F14%252F6362002195537679701724746872_la-la-land.jpg%253Fw%253D670%2526h%253D377%2526crop%253D1%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D884%26h%3Db5673a56d0f9ab37732c43ceda557119b6a1def9369010b3b08ee97e2d73a4f4%26size%3D980x%26c%3D1514576157%22%7D" expand=1 original_size="1x1"]

Passions are what make people who they are. It is what drives someone to do something with their lives, whether it's to prove a point, or to make people smile as well as themselves.

The music throughout this movie is all jazz-like and some are faster rhythmically than the others, but, they all talk about following dreams, and taking risks in life. "City of Stars" sung as a duet by Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone is one of the tracks that reflects this theme. It lyrically articulates finding a path lit up for them, together. They are singing about being together and reaching their dreams in life as a team. Each song brings up a different topic within the theme of the film. "The Fools Who Dream" is sung by Emma Stone during an audition scene-- talking about the people who go out to find their dreams and complete what they want to do. It speaks to the heart of anyone who has a deep passion for something and always reach for it, even when it seems like it will never happen for them, or the dream is just too hard to go for due to the high possibility of failure.

Even when you can't seem to find a reason to continue... There's always the end result. The result of doing it again, because it'll lead to the bigger picture... Doing what you've always wanted to do.

There are so many people who go on living life, doing what they have always wanted to do since they were little, and guess what... They got there by working hard, taking risks, and telling themselves they can make it. Taking risks is something that is difficult to do. It involves possibly losing people and things you care about, hurting yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally, BUT, at the end of the day, when you make your dreams come true and show everyone what you are truly and deeply passionate about, those risks won't seem too bad, because the people who help you along the way will stay in your life one way or another.

Never lose yourself along the way. Do not become someone you're not, do not push yourself away from your passion because things change, people change.

To the fools who dream, as foolish as it may be, you don't know where things will take you... It's a ride worth taking. Drive forward for your passion, your dreams, become who you were meant to become. Smile through it all and work hard for it.