Things we love and hate about flying on airplanes.
Travel

8 Pros and Cons You know all to well if you Travel Often

The infamous Do's, don'ts and extras when traveling on an airplane!

172
Brittani Marceno- Washington State

We all love traveling, and the excitement all starts when you first get to the airport. However, as much as we would like, our airport experience is not always a walk in the park. Here are 8 things we all know too well when flying on an airplane.

1. Taking ones shoes off.

I do not care how long the flight is, if you have full on tennis shoes and socks on DONT take them off. That is so smelly and unnecessary. You have people sitting literally inches from you, so have some respect!

2. Putting on too much perfume.

Again, its a respect thing! Be realistic and don't make the people around you suffer from you horrible off-brand perfume and cologne. If this is absolutely necessary, go into the bathroom and lightly dose yourself there.

3. Seat positioning.

I always have the worst luck when it comes to this, people put their seat back as far as possible when we are at the allotted altitude. This is so frustrating to me because I can't lay my head down and (try to) get comfy. Especially when sitting crunched in the middle seat.

4. Bathroom courtesy.

All I am gonna say is be polite to the greatest extent because we all have to use the same bathroom for the duration of this flight, so please be courteous.

5. Strong smelling foods.

You would think some of this is common sense, however, its not. Just be mindful of what you are eating when you have people literally all around you. Fruits, yogurt and smoothies are great healthy plane snacks to keep you full on a flight. Avoid foods like, curry and various hard cheeses can smelly for those around you. Besides no one wants to be bloated on a five hour flight anyways!

Lets talk about some of the nicer things, when flying, like the perks that can be given out.

1. Upgrading

If you ask your airline prior to departure, they might (just maybe) upgrade you for free! This is a great way to make your flight just that much better! Plus, you may miss some of the things we all hate when flying on an airplane.

2. The People

You never know who you'll meet on planes nowadays, it could be someone famous OR maybe just a lifelong friend. Start that conversation, its a small world after all. You may be surprised.

3. The Things

If you ask the flight attendants, they usually have extra blankets, pillows, earphones, even toothpaste on most flights! Its the little things that can make your flight that much better!
Little things can go a long ways, no matter how short or long your flight is!