7 Things I Wish I Knew Going Into My Senior Year In High School

These times will fly by so consider you future and have fun doing it!
131

High school is a big accomplishment for students and a short year of lasts for many. Senior year is the last year before students become young adults and there's a lot to handle in this one year. There's a lot of new things and work to do as a senior, but there are also a lot of fun things you shouldn't miss out on. Here are a few things I wish someone had told me before I started my senior year:

1. Have fun while you can

Senior year is a year of lasts so live it up. Go to the events that you've always wondered about and go to the events you always said you'd never go to. This is your last chance to go to those football games, student events, and more! Stay involved or you'll regret it.

2. Your choice in major may change again and again and that's okay!

You are still just in highschool and keep that in mind because your dream in life may change and your situation could too!

3. Apply for your dream school and more!

You never know what schools are gonna accept you, so apply to that dream school and at the same time make sure you apply to others too. Your first choice school may change, I know mine did! It's also exciting receiving acceptance letters in the mail.

4. Check, check, and double check!

Many highschools offer dual enrollment opportunities and AP classes to seniors as a way for them to gain some leeway when beginning their college journey. Before paying for these classes, double check that the colleges you're looking into accepting them. Some colleges do not and it would suck to have to retake a class!

5. Base your decisions off of you!

When looking into colleges and trying to figure out what's next in your life, focus on you and your desires in the future. Don't base these decisions off of friends and family because you may regret it in the end! You need to do what's best for you, not everyone else.

6. Spend time with your friends

Senior year is your last year with all the same people so spend as much time together as possible! Your group may be close now but chances are y'all are going in different directions when it comes to colleges and chances are, after graduation you may never all be together again!

7.Enjoy the little things in life

Enjoy every family outing and every home cooked meal that you can. This is your last year as a kid and life will change a lot after graduating. Family time will drastically decrease and home cooked meals will come a lot less often. Enjoy the time with your family and while your family is still helping you pay for a lot when college or life starts expenses increase.

Senior year is a big deal and do not let anyone tell you otherwise. Enjoy everything you can and conider your options for your future. This time is important so don't slack, but make sure you have fun time too! This is your last year before you become an adult and it will be time to face real life so be ready!