King Princess: The New Queen Of Pop

King Princess: The New Queen Of Pop

Your new pop obsession has arrived

103
King Princess: The New Queen Of Pop
Impact 89 FM

Hayley Kiyoko might be (rightfully) the talk of the town with her new album Expectations, but watch out: there's a new pop artist on the block, and her name is King Princess.

Never heard of her? Then you must be living under a rock: between having Harry Styles tweet out her lyrics to dropping a new music video just this week, King Princess is gaining stardom the way I'm getting jealous that it's turning to summer in the US and getting colder and colder for me here in Chile--that is, exponentially.

New York raised but singing about universal themes, King Princess is up-and-coming in the music business through the power of her emotional lyrics, dramatic indie pop sound, and incredibly intimate music videos. She's already gained momentum with her first two singles, "1950" and "Talia," and she promises that's there's more good stuff on the way.

Another cool aspect of her music? It's openly queer, providing a successful role model for the LGBT community in a way that hasn't often been seen in the mainstream music scene before. King Princess is aware that she's taking on such a role –– her stage name itself is a play on gender roles, which she openly acknowledges in the previously linked I-D interview –– and such consciousness only makes me more excited to see what she'll do with her rapidly growing platform.

If you are interested in seeing more from King Princess, be sure to check out her official website, where tour dates and more information can be found. I'll see you at her Brooklyn show!