King David: A Overlooked King

King David: A Overlooked King

From outcast to leader

1216
King David: A Overlooked King
The Huffington Post

"There was just a series of events today that just really upset me. Today we were on a field trip to Pellissippi. The entire time, I sat alone. When we ate lunch there, I didn't eat my chips so I offered the unopened bag to someone, he said no in a snarly way. His friends who didn't know me asked him why he didn't take them. He said, "I would have but she's..." I didn't hear the last part but they all turned around and looked at me."

This was part of a message that I sent to my close friend. That day, I felt so alone. Have you ever been in situations where you just seem like the outcast? You ask yourself what you did wrong, why you couldn't possibly be like them. Even though it hurts, there's good news! JESUS LOVES TO TAKE THE OUTCAST AND TURN THEM INTO LEADERS!

One of my favorite people in the bible is David. If you have not read about him, check him out! He was a passionate poet and song writer. He was like the band "Bethel" but in his time era. He had so much accomplishment in his life! He was a king, killed a giant, and escaped death! From all of his success you would think that at first he was a likable guy. Contrary, he wasn't.

In his home, he had seven brothers. In 1 Samuel 16, it tells the story of how David was chosen by God. A guy named Samuel came by looking for a future king. David's dad had send all of his other brothers to be looked at and possibly chosen. David, on the other hand, was working in the field. Samuel looked at the boys present and knew that they weren't the one. He asked David's dad if there had to be anyone else, anyone. Jesse, David's dad, mentioned David, but in a overlooked way. Jesse said "you don't want David, he's filthy and working". It says when David showed up, his eyes were bright and he was good-looking. God then told Samuel to anoint him, because he was the one.

1 Samuel 16:But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused Him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

Jesse compared David to his other sons and David simply wasn't like his siblings no matter how much his dad tried to mold him. Maybe others have tried to mold you into something that you simply can't be. When no one thinks that you are qualified, God will search out for you, and he wont stop till he finds you. My favorite Psalm is Psalm 139. It talks about the love of Jesus, and how intimate he is with us. Jesus made some people to lead, and to lead, you can't be like the crowd. When you are different, you have to run to God. Let Jesus mold you into the person he created you to be. He loves you and has an amazing, amazing plan for your life. Your life is so beautifully written by the one who created the stars, the grass,and the grand cannon. Because you were rejected, it doesn't mean you are worthless, you're not forgotten. Lay down everything and let Jesus lead the way!

Jesus I pray, that you would cover who ever is reading this with your love. Let them know of their value and purpose. Let them be so founded in who they are in you that they are no longer shaken by the world's standard of normal. Let them have the courage to be who you created them to be.