Kindness Will Always Matter

Kindness Will Always Matter

Kindness counts.

323

We've all heard it a thousand times. "Be kind because you never truly know what someone else has going on in their life." Sometimes I feel like people don't really register how important it is because it's said so many times, and drilled into most of our heads at a young age. We may not always realize the importance of what those words mean. But here's the thing. Kindness is very important. And not just to make you feel better about yourself at the end of the day, but because you may be the only kindness that someone receives on any given day. Because it sets you up for positive relationships in your life. But, to be quite honest, I don't think being kind needs any sort of an explanation.

Lauren Trimble

I've never understood the reasoning for others being blatantly mean for seemingly no reason. I understand that they could be having a bad day, just received upsetting news, or have been on the other end of unkind people's words. But, I've always loved the quote, "Be kind to unkind people, they need it the most." I firmly believe that unkind people do need the kindness of others the most.

Lauren Trimble

The thing is, kindness isn't always giving someone a gift, buying the best Christmas present, or any sort of act that requires money. Kindness comes in many forms. Giving someone a hug when they look like they may need it, telling someone that they're doing a great job, sending a random text just to say that you hope they're having a good day, or doing a couple things for someone to take a little bit of a load off of their shoulders. Not to say that gifts aren't an act of kindness, they definitely can be. But, kindness can be subtle or a large act. But, no matter what you do for someone, you can be sure that it will have a lasting impact on that person.

Lauren Trimble

And now to leave off with a few of my very favorite quotes on kindness.

"No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted." — Aesop
"Be brave because you're a child of God. Be kind because everyone else is, too." — Glennon Doyle Melton
"See the light in others, and treat them as if that is all you see." — Dr. Dyer