why should I be kind to others

Kindness Is Overrated And Outdated, Here Are 11 Reasons Why

Who even wants to be kind, anyway?

1265
Maggie Joyce

Being kind is a commodity not all can afford. There are thousands of cold, unhappy, and bitter people, who lack the resources for being kind. Here's a small list out of the many reasons that kindness is so scarce and costly.

It isn't.

Contrary to popular belief, it really is not difficult nor does it cost anything to be kind. It is the easiest thing in the world.

It costs absolutely nothing.

When's the last time someone charged you money for smiling at them (besides being professionally photographed)? Exactly.

It's not difficult.

Really. Think of one kind thing about someone you care about. Say it to them. Boom, day made.

There is no limit to kindness.

Think of it. Boundless amounts of kindness, everywhere… does that make it hard to sleep at night?

There is no right or wrong way to be kind.

Well, except for being mean. That's wrong.

You will not face backlash for being kind.

What? No criticism or bad attitudes for being kind? No drama? Huh…what a concept.

You will feel better when being kind to others.

Who doesn't want to feel good about themselves, or make others feel good? Maybe someone who needs to read this article.

Everyone, especially mean people, need kindness.

Those who come off as mean often need kindness the most. Even though this is a hard thing to do, being kind to them even more can melt even the coldest of hearts.

Being kind to yourself is important.

https://giphy.com/gifs/i1hiQy3uVZ0KQ

You, the only person who is in control of your emotional well-being, have a lot of work cut out for yourself. In a world that tells you to push yourself to the limits, being kind to yourself can be difficult. How can you expect to be kind to others without first taking care of the one person who matters the most - you? Making yourself feel good will make you want to make others feel good.

Kindness is so scarce in the world today.

Out of all the other negative Nancys that live in our world today, challenge yourself to be different. Perhaps your kindness will rub off on everyone else.

Kindness never goes out of style.

Kindness is a gift that everyone loves to receive, and there's never a bad occasion for it, either. As the world progresses, one thing remains the same - the universal need for love and warmth.

Hopefully, you now realize how ridiculous it sounds to be voluntarily unkind. You have no excuse for not being kind. Try being kind today and every day, even in small ways. You may not see it, but kindness has a funny way of changing people. It can even change the world.