Kim Kardashian Breaks The Internet

Kim Kardashian Breaks The Internet

135

From the Rolling Stone cover of topless Janet Jackson in 1993, to the Vanity Fair’'s 2008 provocative cover of Miley Cyrus photographed in nothing but a sheet at age 15, Kim Kardashian has managed to “break the internet” with her provocative images on the 2014 winter cover of  Paper Magazine. Her images are some of the most outrageous magazine covers of all time. Although the dual covers did not literally break the internet, these shocking photographs deliver messages that are leaving the public speechless. 

For those of you who have not yet seen the images of Kardashian, shot by famous French photographer, Jean-Paul Goude, they are surprising to most. The first photo exposes her lathered in body oil showing off her highly-known bare behind; the other shows Kim popping a bottle of champagne as it sprays into a champagne glass she is balancing on her derriere. Photographer Goude references Kardashian’s photos to his earlier work known as, “Champagne Incident.”

It is not news to anyone that Kim K’s behind is famous for being that big; however, word on the streets is the photos were extremely photoshopped. Although Jean-Paul Goude has a long history of photoshopping and manipulating images with props and different techniques, his shots of Kim K are a re-creation of his work in 1976 of a smiling, nude, black woman performing the champagne trick, which is exactly what Goude achieved with these images of Kardashian. Her performance of the champagne trick on Paper magazine’s cover is truly an impossible act to attempt, however Goude is known for achieving it.

When the magazine was released featuring the provocative images of not so shy Kim K, she tweeted the pictures with the humorous caption, “And they say I didn’t have a talent… try balancing a champagne glass on your ass LOL.” Soon after, her husband, Kanye West, posted the same images with the caption “#ALLDAY.”

Luckily for us, the internet did not actually break, but the media’s response to Paper’s cover has been more of a comical take on Kardashian and the numerous re-enactments of the photo showing off her bare behind, and Kris Jenner’s request of poster size orders of the photos upon their release. 

The full story of Kim K in Paper Magazine has been released, and is titled, “No Filter: An Afternoon With Kim Kardashian,” featuring the rest of the images from the photo shoot. Honestly, as outrageous as these photographs are, did you really expect anything less from Kim Kardashian?