Kidnap: A Short Story

Kidnap: A Short Story

A Flash Fiction Story

1067
Kidnap: A Short Story

You start running for your life. You look back if he is still chasing you. You trip. You roll down the hill into the bushes. Bushes that are wet and not due to rain. You see a dead body hanging on the tree with her throat slashed. You get up.

You continue running.

You see a highway. You run in the middle of the road. Cars keep passing you. You see the lights getting brighter and brighter. Is it a van, a bus? No, it's a truck. It's going 60 mph. No, 70 mph. No, the driver is going at least 90 mph. You fear for your life but you don't move. On one side of the street, you see the kidnapper trying to cross the street towards you. He crosses the street. The truck is not stopping. Neither are you. The truck gets closer. And closer.

BAM!!! There is blood on the floor. A broken body.

There are four guys that get off the truck. You seem to recognize two of them. The older man with a white beard yells, "Isabella" as he tears up. The other man seems younger and more handsome. You run towards him once you see that it is your beloved one, Ryan. The two guys standing beside your father and boyfriend are police officers. After being disappeared for three days, you have been found. The kidnapper is now dead.

You on the other hand, have so many scars and bruises that it seems as if you have tattoos. As paramedics start coming, more police officers and the media, you feel strange. You walk towards the front of the truck to see the kidnapper for yourself. As you walk slowly towards the front you notice that there isn't a body on the ground.

There is blood but nobody.

You ask yourself, "How can that be? That truck came with such an impact! How? What?" Your body starts shaking. You start crying. You going into a panic attack. Ryan walks towards you and hugs you from behind, your body jumps. You don't understand what just happened. There police officers everywhere with K-9 dogs. There are dogs barking like crazy towards the forest that you just came out of. You run towards the barking noise. You see someone from far away. As you walk towards that person, there is something being reflected on the ground. You grab the broken glass. As you continue walking, someone knocks you down. You turn around. It's the kidnapper. You grab the broken glass as you get up, and stab him in the chest. He falls down. Police officers finally got to where you are. Yet, you are still stabbing him. As police officers are trying to get you up, you take off his mask.

It's Michael. Your step-brother.