The Key To Having A Good Instagram Feed

The Key To Having A Good Instagram Feed

The secret to having a flowing feed? Presets.

12
The Key To Having A Good Instagram Feed
MaryLynne Boyd

I've always cared about my Instagram feed, I make sure all my photos are appropriate and try to edit the colors the best I can. I was on one of my friend's pages and saw how her photos were consistently colored and they seemed to match a theme.

I gathered the courage to DM her and compliment her page, I then asked how she did it. She told me the secret was buying “presets."

I did some research and found out that you can basically purchase a pre-made filter. They are called presets.

Presets help your photos follow a theme and create a better flowing account. Since finding out about these “presets," I believe my Instagram account has improved. I used to try and play with the darkness and edit the saturation, now all I do is open Lightroom and select my preset.

It's like a light switch, a day and night difference. I've purchased many different presets, because at this point it's an addiction.

Presets range in price, however, I suggest purchasing ones that are anywhere from 8-15 dollars.

A preset is what all the Instagram gurus and social media influencers use. It will change your life.

I've managed to get my friends and family addicted to them as well.

To use the presets you'll need to download an app called Lightroom. Once in it you download the PDF that will be in your inbox incentive when you've purchased a preset, you then copy the edits that are on the image and create a preset from it.

For anyone looking to up their Instagram game, I'm telling you: Buy a preset. Most presets are shareable in up to three devices as well. My sister and I share them via email and so my phone is filled with many options.