The Beginning Of My Kentucky Hiking Bucket List

16

Different from previous summers, I will be spending my summer away from home in Kentucky. There is no beach in Kentucky, so as a Floridian, I felt a little lost a first. But actually, there are a lot of things to do in Kentucky, especially if you enjoy the outdoors.

Here is my Kentucky Summer hiking bucket list:

1. The Kentucky River Palisades Trail

The Kentucky River Palisades Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located in Nicholasville, Kentucky. It features a river and most reviews rate it as a moderate hiking trail. The trail in primarily used for hiking and trail-running. It is accessible year-round.

2. Shakertown at Pleasant Hill Trail

If you're looking for short and easy trail, this may be the one for you. Shakertown at Pleasant Hill Trail is a 1.1 mile trail, out and back. It is located near Harrodsburg, Kentucky and is relatively easy, according reviews on AllTrails. The trail is used for hiking and walking, primarily. It is available year-round.

3. Lyons Brown Trail

The Lyons Brown Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lancaster, Kentucky that features a river and is rated as a moderate. It is used from hiking and walking, and dogs are welcome to join on the trail.

4. Asbury Trails

The Asbury Trails are a moderately trafficked out and back trail near Wilmore, Kentucky that feature a river. There is beautiful walking along cliffs and there are numerous waterfalls to take photos at. The trail is rated as moderate, according to AllTrails. The trail is available year-round. Most people use the trails for hiking and running.

5. Raven Run Nature Sanctuary Trail

This trail is a 4.1 mile trail with heavier traffic located near Lexington, Kentucky. AllTrails ranks the trail as moderate, and trail-goers may access it year-round.

6. Berea Forest Trail

The Berea Forest Trail is a 6.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Berea, Kentucky. This trail is rated as moderate and offers several activity options for trail-goers including walking, running, and hiking. Dogs are also welcome on this trail. The trail is accessible from April until October.

These are just a few of the great trail options on my list this summer! I recommend checking these out, and doing some of your own exploring if you are in Kentucky this summer or any time during the year!