Not Without God

Not Without God

I believe in God because He is the only thing that saves me from drowning in the crashing waves of life.

Why do I believe in God? That's a tough question. I mean none of us lived in Jesus' time, and according to a lot of scientists, there's a long list of explanations of how this place was created that don't include the book of Genesis. So why do we believe?

I'm not trying to push religion on anyone by any means. In some of my darkest days, I'll admit, it's been hard to not question it myself. I mean if there is a God, why would bad things happen right? Why would we have to go through heartbreak, loss, rejection, fear, etc?

I'm not the most Christian person out there. I don't always make it to church on Sunday, I miss a few days here and there on reading my bible, and I sure don't know every story in the Bible by detail. But I do know one thing. For being 20 years old, I sure have been through quite a bit. Now, I know there are plenty of people out there who have had it way worse than I have, and I do know that I am blessed, but I'm not strong. I'm really not.

Not without God.

Because you see, I've tried to do things on my own. I thought I could handle it. But when I find myself crying uncontrollably, God has always been the One to pick me up.

When a boy degrades me and tells me I'm worthless, God shows me my worth.

When a job I loved doesn't work out, God opens another door.

When mean girls try to tear me down to the core, God heals my core by making me believe those things aren't true.

When I'm hurting physically because of a health problem that can't be cured, God gives me hope and healing.

My family is amazing and always there for me, but we don't always agree on everything. Friends come and go, some from distance or a busy life, some from betrayal. My life is ever-changing because right when I think that I have it figured out, something else changes. But He doesn't change. He stays the same. He never loves me less because I mess up. He never gives up on me when I make a mistake. He will never betray me. And He is always there.

So why is there bad in this world when God is supposed to be good? Because if everything was perfect, why would we need Him. He is the light in the darkness. He is the calm after the storm. There has to be darkness so we will see His light and run to it.

So why do I believe in God? Why do I still try to make it to church, read my bible, and pray? Why do I try to keep the faith when everything in my life seems to be falling apart? Because He is the only thing in my life that will never change and will always turn out right. Because I believe in Him, my future is set. My mountains will move. My waves will not make me drown. My fears will be conquered. My mistakes will be forgiven.

If that right there can't give me hope, I don't know of anything in this world that could.