Should I share my story?

Don't Let Someone Keep You From Sharing Your Experience

Your experience is just as valid.

30
Claire Fox

There are always going to be people ahead of you. But there are also always going to be people behind you who need to see how you have survived what looks impossible to them.

There are going to be certain things that you have to share that no one else may have experienced. Share them. There may be things that you and everyone else have experienced. Share those too. You do not who needs to read those words. And you may never know. Sometimes it is hard to write because you feel like you aren't helping anyone else. Write anyway.

Lately I have been feeling stuck. When I feel stuck I spend a lot of time watching what other people do. Sometimes this is inspiring, but most of the time it just makes me feel unqualified.

For example, I love essential oils, they help me with all sorts of things, and I want other people to have the opportunity to use them too. But so do lots of other people, many of whom have been using oils for much longer than me, have more oils, and are higher ranks in Young Living.

But you know what? The people I care about might not know these other people. So they aren't hearing what these people are saying about oils. But they will hear what I say. And if they have problems that could be solved with essential oils I can help them get them.

Not only that, but when I am in a hard season I need to see other people making it out of their hard seasons. And it doesn't matter to me how many people are talking about their hard things. I need to see as many people making it as possible.

So next time you feel like your audience does not need to hear your experience because someone else is sharing something similar, that is just not true. If you reach even one person you are making a difference. Everyone who reads what you write is not reading what that other person writes. That is just not statistically plausible. Write the words. Share the experience. Someone will benefit from it. Even if that someone is you.