Stay Mad At Colin Kaepernick, Haters, We Only Wear Nike In This House
Politics

Stay Mad, We Only Wear Nike In This Household

Nike continues to be one of the most vocal brands when it comes to Colin Kaepernick's fight against injustice and they know how to do it well.

290

First thing's first:

*Puts on Nike tracksuit, socks, tennis shoes, and drink out of a water bottle with the Nike logo printed on*

Now we're ready. Warning, this post may be filled with quite a few gifs because words cannot simply express what is happening this week. Last week on Wednesday, Nike dropped its newest ad campaign called "Dream Crazy" and will air this week during the U.S. Open tennis tournament and, as well as Major League Baseball and college football games. The ad will also run across various channels, streaming sites, and more. Nike is bringing that pressure and people are getting worried. As Nike continued to run their ads, people who did not necessarily appreciate their support for Colin Kaepernick were upset. They were big mad.

giphy

Twitter became filled with people burning their Nike gear and saying they would never purchase from Nike again. Nike even suffered a slight financial loss when their stocks dropped slightly. (It's a good time to invest). But we have to ask, why are these people so bent on defending The veterans? As if the group they speak so mystically of are not individual people with different political ideas and thoughts about Kaepernick kneeling for the flag? How come so many loud (and wrong) citizens feel the need to cause an issue and twist the narrative.

Kaepernick is not protesting Trump.

Kaepernick is not protesting the Armed Forces.

Kaepernick is not protesting you or your daddy or your great granddaddy.

So please, if the shoe doesn't fit, stop trying to force your foot in.

Kaepernick is protesting the racial injustice and police brutality that has plagued us as a country and as individuals. While others disapprove of his work, many applaud him and appreciate that he made such a sacrifice, putting his career on the line and still not being signed to anyone's team. Nike is supporting Kaepernick and many Black athletes who speak against injustice and the pressure is going to keep coming.

As someone who appreciates a good pair of Nike shoes, watching someone burn theirs only makes my eyes roll harder.

Why not donate those to a veteran since Nike is causing a huge uproar?

Why burn some good shoes over someone who's trying to fight the good fight?

Nike continues to stand with Kap and not let consumers or critics sway their minds. So, thank you, Nike. I shall be in line when the latest shoes come out.

giphy