Yes, The Kardashians Definitely DO Have Talent, You Maybe Just Can't See It

yes, the Kardashians Definitely DO have talent, you Maybe Just Can't See It

They are more than just "famous for being famous."

1250

I am sure you've heard people say that "the Kardashians are famous, but have no talent," or that they are, "famous for being famous." Honestly, why are they famous? If you don't know much about them or their whole brand, they wouldn't strike you as very talented people. They aren't actors or singers (Kim K's song "Jam" is a good example of that), like many celebrities are famous for, but they are talented in different, less traditional ways. The Kardashians are geniuses when it comes to marketing themselves and creating their personal brand. They took an opportunity and have turned it into a billion-dollar empire. Without their creative business skills, their reality TV show could have run its course for a few years and died off. But this was definitely NOT the case. Whether you love them or hate them, everyone knows who the Kardashians are, and everyone in the industry is talking about them.

For those of you who don't know their history, the Kardashians first started out in the spotlight 10 years ago with their reality TV show, "Keeping Up with the Kardashians." However, this show was different than all other popular reality shows, in that it never really lost its popularity and relevance. Viewers have watched this family grow up and go through it all.

The TV show is where this family's talent has really shown. The Kardashians did not stop with the television show; instead, they saw opportunities, seized them, and turned them into full-fledged careers. They used their skills to create a brand that would come to dominate the fashion, makeup and social media industries. They have created their own clothing lines, makeup collections, apps, spin-off television shows and are now major social media influencers.

"Keeping Up With The Kardashian's": 10 Years And Counting

"Keeping up with the Kardashians" premiered in 2007, and, from that point on, has only gotten more and more popular. The shows 15th season is about to premiere, and their fan base has only grown. So many reality TV shows, like "Jon and Kate Plus 8" or "The Hills" were popular for a while, and then eventually lost their relevance. But this family has managed to make their show stay relevant for the last decade, and keep people wanting more. All other shows have had the chance to stay both timeless and timely, but not all of them can. The Kardashians have marketed themselves and their personal lives, and created a brand; even if you hate them, there's no denying that they've become a household name, and you find their outrageous lives kinda interesting.

Social Media Influencers

The rise of social media is the area in which I would argue the Kardashians have utilized most of their talent. The Kardashians have used their talents on social media to bring their brand to a whole new level. On every social media platform, the Kar-Jenners have an overwhelming presence, whether it be on Instagram when Kim Kardashian broke the internet, or Kylie Jenner and her hundreds of snapchat stories. You can't help but run into one of the family members' accounts on social media, where they are constantly marketing their TV show, makeup, clothing line, app, or themselves and their own personal brand.

Fashion Industry, Beauty Industry, And More...

From makeup to clothing to apps to modeling, it is hard to keep up with the Kardashians and everything they are doing in their lives. They have gone from starring in their own TV show to becoming a major player in the makeup industry with KKW Beauty and Kylie Cosmetics, as well as in the fashion industry with Good American, Khloe's denim line. Kim also took her talents into the tech world, creating her video game, "Kim Kardashian: Hollywood." Not to mention, the multiple spin-off shows that the sisters have created over the years. The Kardashians have taken their talents into numerous different industries, and it's almost impossible to avoid them.

You can't argue the impact that the Kardashian family has had on the entertainment industry, which is thanks to their savvy and creative business skills. They understand the impact they have in the entertainment industry and the power of their brand, and they are using their marketing skills to break into so many different industries in society. Yes, I do agree that I wouldn't immediately associate the words "talent" and "Kardashian," but I don't think people with "no talent" could create quite the impact that this family has made.